We are seeking an AVP, BSA/AML Compliance Manager to join our team! *This position is currently being offered as a work from home opportunity in Ohio with the ability to report to our Columbus office as needed.
The AVP, BSA/AML Compliance Manager is responsible for managing the administration of Corporate One’s BSA/AML Program and managing the daily efforts to ensure compliance with state and federal Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, and anti-money laundering laws and regulations. Designated as the BSA/AML Officer for regulatory and Corporate One Policy purposes.
About Corporate One:
We are a leading wholesale financial services provider to more than 700 of America’s credit unions. As a trusted and highly respected investment, funding, and payment solutions partner to credit unions for more than 70 years, Corporate One has developed innovative solutions for credit unions throughout our history. We, along with our subsidiary companies, Lucro Commercial Solutions, Accolade Investment Advisory and Sherpa Technologies are committed to our member credit unions and their mission to help their communities thrive.
Why Should You Apply?
Employment with Corporate One includes being part of a collaborative environment where every individual is part of a team, making a difference to credit unions and the communities they serve. We are dedicated to improving the financial lives of others. You’ll enjoy a friendly and casual work environment where personal autonomy, self-initiative, innovative thinking, and continuous learning are highly valued. We are proud to have an average tenure of 10 years!
We are proud to offer:
- Organizational Strengths: Corporate One Federal Credit Union is one of the nation’s largest and most progressive corporate credit unions with more than $5.9 billion in assets and an average staff tenure of 10+ years.
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits: Corporate One offers competitive compensation, a generous 401(k) matching contribution, and quality health and ancillary benefits.
- Work Life Balance: Generous PTO (Paid Time Off) starting with 4 weeks/year and 11 paid holidays.
- Learning and Development: We provide a full library of online training as well as group and individual training, and coaching, all focused toward helping you grow and be successful.
- Additional Benefits Too Cool to Not Mention: Ongoing special events throughout the year, flexible dress code, computer set up provided, tuition reimbursement, wellness program, gym membership reimbursement and more!
Corporate One Federal Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Want to know more?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing an effective and efficient BSA/AML Program.
- Perform secondary review of SARs and monitors and manages the review, analysis, identification, and investigation of indicators and alerts of suspicious activity, potential money laundering and terrorist financing. Supervises the meticulous and timely analysis of investigations/cases. Renders decisions to file/not file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and is responsible for the accurate and timely filing of all SARs. Maintains all records in accordance with regulation and policy.
- Develops and may perform initial risk rating of new members and escalates members to high-risk, as needed. Ensures that BSA/AML Questionnaires completed by members at onboarding are in good order to meet “Know Your Member” due diligence standards.
- Develops and may perform the enhanced due diligence and monitoring of high-risk members. Ensures appropriate communication of high-risk members to Corporate One staff as needed.
- Oversees the Member Identification Program (MIP).
- Acts as primary internal contact and is responsible for accurately completing all bona fide requests and responses, on a timely basis, for the following:
o Independent reviewer(s),
o NCUA examiner(s),
o legal and regulatory requests,
o new product/service development and related risk assessments, and
o all 314(a) and 314(b) requests in the role of Point on Contact for Corporate One.
- Provides training to Corporate One staff on BSA/AML issues as well as internal policies and procedures. Renders support and training to member credit unions in a consultative role via member publications, member training events, etc.
- Selects staff, establishes responsibilities and performance expectations, trains and develops job knowledge and skills, mentors for short and long-term success, reviews work, provides performance feedback, documents as appropriate, communicates appropriate company and departmental information. Performs all actions with adherence to equal employment opportunity commitment.
- Provides the BSA/AML risk assessment to Corporate One’s Board of Directors, auditors, examiners, and independent reviewers upon request.
- Develops, updates, and implements departmental procedures resulting from regulatory changes and modifications to Corporate One policy. Stays abreast of all legal and regulatory developments in the field and ensures continued education on BSA/AML-related matters through the attendance of at least one professional conference annually (based on business needs).
- Flexible to perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or associate’s degree plus equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification required (or must successfully pass certification within six months of employment).
- Experience: Minimum of six years of related progressive experience in BSA/AML compliance, in financial or banking industries or in BSA/AML-regulated industry in addition to educational requirements listed above.
- Supervisory: Minimum 2 years prior supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Specific Job Knowledge and Skills Required: Comprehensive knowledge of all current BSA/AML regulations, legal and regulatory policies and reporting requirements and other industry standards. Ability to manage the program including identifying efficiencies and making recommendation for improvement. Demonstrates strong analytical, decision-making and investigative skills. Advanced research and business writing skills. Time management skills, attention to detail, and confidentiality are required.
- Technology Skills Required: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience using Lexis Diligence® and GlobalVision Systems’s Patriot Officer® a plus.
- Required Competencies & Values: Competency performance expectations are commensurate with position and include change readiness, communication, continuous learning and improvement, creative thinking and problem solving, and ownership and accountability. Organizational Values include integrity, commitment, excellence, and team spirit.