Do you have your CPA or CFA? Do you have over 5 years of auditexperience with a risk focus? Do you reside in Chicago, IL or Stamford, CT?
We have a GREAT opportunity for you with Synchrony Financial.
Interested this exciting opportunity?
It is easy to apply !
Follow the application steps.
This position reports into an Audit Senior Manager that is responsible for executing on the audit plan covering Synchrony Financial’s Risk and Business Platforms organization.
The incumbent is primarily responsible for the execution of Risk and Business Platformsaudit engagements that entail the review, testing, analysis, and conclusion over the design and effectiveness of the bank’s control environment, as well as validation of corrective actions.
- Contribute and execute as part of a team on scheduled audits, executing audit projects from start to finish
- Support detailed process walkthroughs with management, including the identification of process risks and controls
- Document clear audit work papers that succinctly articulate purpose, scope, procedures and conclusions of test work performed
- Identify control gaps or control deficiencies and assess the impact to the business
- With support from the Senior Audit Manager, present audit results to internal audit management, as well as the business organization
- Prepare draft written auditreports and other presentations for review and approval by the Senior Audit Manager
- Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development
- Maintain understanding of current and emerging risks within the subject area
- Track and validate findings/issues to ensure they are appropriately addressed
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or equivalent related field
- Minimum experience of 4 years in audit, financial services or related field
- Currently holds, or is actively pursuing CPA, CIA, or other relevant professional designation/association.
- In lieu of relevant Bachelor’s degree, 8years’ experience in audit, financial services, or related field
- Demonstrate verbal and written ability to articulate the business objectives, business risk, processes, and controls
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Operational Risk Management and Enterprise Risk Management frameworks.
- Ability to independently conduct walkthroughs, identify key controls, design test steps and conclude on the design and operating effectiveness of the control environment.
- Knowledge and experience of retail consumer finance, risk management, payment processing and operational processes.
- Ability to effectively integrate business, operational, compliance, technological, and financial components into audit work performed.
- Ability to objectively identify problems and recommend solutions to complex control, financial, or technical issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently on multiple assignments while effectively supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives
- Strong analytical, risk management, and problem solving skills.
- Strong PC Skills - MS Office suite, Visio, SAS, ACL
- You must be 18years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 – 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.