Job Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for assisting in the asset management and servicing of commercial real estate loans on behalf of Bank.
Essential Job Functions:
- Closes new loans in coordination with Bank’s RESG Loan Closing Department and in-house counsel including, but not limited to, due diligence required to (i) validate (a) the sufficiency of proposed capital structure to fund required project costs, and (b) the anticipated income-generating capacity and value of the underlying real estate; and (ii) otherwise confirm the loan is closed in compliance with Loan Committee approval and within projected time frames.
- Manages, directs and reviews the loan draw process including, but not limited to, ensuring compliance with budget; engaging, monitoring and reviewing communications with Bank’s construction inspector regarding the draw and the state of development; ordering and reviewing title updates; and initiating transfer of funds to borrower.
- Monitors and updates development budgets.
- Monitors borrower compliance with loan documents, including, monitoring borrower development activities and monitoring collateral operating budgets and operating results with a view toward confirming compliance with leasing and financial covenants and continued financial viability of the underlying collateral and its ability to service the debt.
- Collects, reviews and approves lease agreements (and related estoppels and SNDAs), sales contracts and other legal documents related to the loan portfolio.
- Monitors complex financial reports including borrower/guarantor financial condition and compliance with loan and guaranty covenants.
- Assists with the resolution of loan administration issues, including follow-up on exception items, post-closing items, and all loan billing; addresses customer calls and researches items for problem resolution.
- Assists in negotiating, underwriting and drafting loan modifications, and coordinating the subsequent modification of loan document modifications between Bank, Bank’s counsel and borrower.
- Ensures debt service payments are properly calculated, billed and collected.
- Oversees all loan pay-offs and releases of collateral.
- Addresses other interim loan servicing issues and loan requests with Bank’s clients.
- Assists in the foreclosure process, and asset management of OREO assets.
- Conducts ad hoc financial analysis as required.
- Manages communications with Bank’s credit departments.
- Assists junior staff members with their responsibilities.
- Regularly exercises discretion and judgment in the performance of the other essential job functions.
- Maintains good punctuality and attendance to work.
- Follows Bank policy, procedures and guidelines
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of all types of real estate.
- Knowledge of financial concepts sufficient to analyze complex industry, economic and financial data and interpret results and present findings.
- Ability to problem-solve using analytical, logistical, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate professional maturity to discuss complicated issues and opportunities with substantial real estate owners and developers.
- Ability to articulate the strengths, weaknesses and issues related to a transaction, in both written and oral presentations.
- Ability to multi-task and work with exacting deadlines.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Skill in using computer, including Microsoft Word, Excel and ARGUS.
Equipment Used in Job Performance/Working Environment:
- Photocopy Machine
- Facsimile Machine
Major Job Demands (Physical/Mental):
- Bachelor degree, preferably in finance, accounting, economics or business, or commensurate work experience, required.
- Master degree with a focus on commercial real estate preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience in commercial real estate underwriting or asset management required.
Bank OZK is an equal opportunity employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. Member FDIC.