At Customers Bank, we believe in working hard, working smart, working together to deliver memorable customer experiences, and having fun. Our vision, mission, and values guide us along our path to achieve excellence. Passion, attitude, creativity, integrity, alignment, and execution are cornerstones of our behaviors. They define who we are as an organization and as individuals. Everyone is encouraged to have personal development plans. By doing so, our team members are on their way to achieve their highest potential and be successful in their personal and professional lives.
Customers Bank has an immediate opening for an Appraisal Review Officer in our Credit Department. As the Appraisal Review Officer, you assume the primary responsibility of ensuring that Customers Bank is in receipt of credible regulatory and policy compliant third-party valuation, and environmental reports regarding real property taken as collateral.
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable and highly motived individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Review and approve submitted appraisal reports by checking for mathematical accuracy; sufficient and appropriate narrative along with analysis; USPAP compliance; and conformity to engagement letter(s), bank policy and Interagency Guidelines.
- Review environmental due diligence reports to evaluate and provide advisement to the Loan Production Teams regarding possible short and long-term risks that need to be addressed.
- Mediate and resolve issues that may arise between the Loan Production Teams and approved vendors to maintain independence and impartiality in the collateral evaluation process.
- Assist in updating and maintaining approved vendor lists to ensure that the best firms are selected to provide third-party reports to Customers Bank.
- Work closely with the team manager and coordinator to guarantee that the appropriate reports with suitable content are being ordered and delivered in a timely manner.
- Provide support to Credit Officers and Analysts regarding any questions they may have regarding analysis and conclusions within appraisals and environmental reports.
- Complete and deliver all necessary documents to teams within Loan Administration.
- Stay current and maintain a complete working knowledge regarding all regulatory and policy changes that impact daily responsibilities together with valuation trends and topics.
- Generate and populate in-house logging forms, reports and studies.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser valuing a wide variety of property types including residential is required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from accredited university, preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and the Federal Interagency Appraisal Guidelines (FIRREA).
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and replicate complex discounted cash flows.
- Exposure to the valuation of all property rights including leasehold interests.
- Familiarity with environmental due diligence reports including Phase I ESA’s
- Willingness to accept new tasks and work necessary hours to meet all situations as they arise.
- Strong analytical proficiencies with tenacious attention to detail.
- Proactive individual who has excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently and efficiently in a dynamic open environment.
- Capacity to prioritize work during busy periods to maximize efficiency.
- Prior experience at a financial institution is a plus.