Our Advanced Insurance Consultant will be responsible for driving sales in a designated territory. The role is a Hybrid wholesaling position designed to drive advisor growth in support of our annuity and life insurance products and platforms. The individual is responsible for the development of annuity and life insurance business through the LPL advisor base.
This position serves as the "face" of our insurance business to advisors in the field. The primary objective of the employee in this role will be to facilitate, educate, coach, and train advisors and their staffs on the benefits of LPL’s insurance agency (LPL Insurance Associates) and our annuity solutions. The primary means of measurement as to the effectiveness of the employee will be tied to sales and activity growth.
Some of the activities and strategies that will be used to successfully grow insurance include:
- •1:1 meetings, small to mid- size group meetings, prospecting phone calls, sales campaigns, webcasts and client events.
- •The role will be approximately 75% phone based and 25% field work. The phone work will consist primarily of proactively reaching out to advisors in their respective territory in order to build relationships and drive LPL Insurance sales.
- •The field work will primarily consist of face to face advisor meetings, small group meetings, workshops and some larger group settings.
1. The position requires extensive phone work that will include making daily outbound sales calls regarding prospecting, profiling, follow-up, and time sensitive sales campaigns. Additionally, this position will require hosting, presenting on conference calls and webcasts in order to drive sales results. This role requires the ability to match style, tone and pace with many different types of advisors across various experience levels. The primary role is to assist advisors in building their insurance practices, however additional responsibilities are sometimes required. 75 %
2. The position requires travel to LPL advisor office, branches, seminars and conferences o When in the field: - travel within the assigned territory. 25%
3. Partner with management, the sales organization, LPL departments and our insurance carriers to drive forward the business plan to achieve budgeted sales goals.
Other Job Duties:
- •Answering inbound phone queue.
- •Assists other business units with insurance questions and requests.
- •Completes department projects as needed.
- •Bachelor's degreerequired
- •Series 6 (or 7) and 63, Life Insurance license required
- •CLU, ChFC, CFP, or JD designation preferred
- •5-10 years experience in the brokerage, insurance, or financial industry
- •Minimum of 2 years direct experience in advanced life insurance case design, illustration and sales process
- •Microsoft Office Suite - Intermediate level
- •Winflex, multiple insurance carrier illustration systems
- •Interact well with all departments inside of LPL Financial
- •Excellent phone communication and interpersonal skills required
- •Presentation and business planning experiencerequired
- •Requires excellent customer service skills
- •Strong attention to detail
- •Drive for professional growth
- •Ability to handle high volume and fast paced environment
Job ID: R-001076.