Partner with Mr. Cooper management to collaboratively identify and creatively mitigate risks. As a publicly-held company, management must assess the company’s internal controls over financialreporting (ICFR) in order to comply with various regulatory regimes: Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) and SEC regulations. This position will be responsible for initiatives supporting the assessment of internal controls, according to COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organization) framework. This position interacts with process and control owners, internal and external auditors.
Essential Job Functions:
- This position will support the enterprise in activities related to ICFR compliance.
- Primary lead for finance system and IT control deficiency assessment and management of third-party vendor Service Organization Control Report (SOC/SSAE18) reviews
- Lead preparation of compliance reports such as Reg A/B, SOC-1, etc.
- Manage and execute Mr. Cooper Group Financial SOX compliance
- Monitor quarterly Process Owner attestations for issues that arise and analyze results for program impact
- Evaluate results of control testing
- Support Management (Process/control owners) for maintenance of SOX documentation/control rationalization; provide oversight of SOX compliance
- Perform monthly scorecard analytics of changes in SOX processes, controls, issues and action plans; monitoring of open issues and action plans with Internal Audit partners
- Partner effectively with management, internal audit, external audit and other risk partners
- Other ad hoc projects
Functional Job Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Understanding of the COSO framework (2013 version) and SSAE 16, SSAE 18
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Ability to lead the development of staff objectives, provide insight and guidance to establish benchmarks and output, follow up on a regular basis to assure objectives are met, and coach staff to maximize performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and oversee multiple projects
- Strong financial operations business knowledge or experience
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals of all levels of the corporate structure
- Ability to obtain support from various teams and Lines of Business without direct authority
- Demonstrated experience leading critical initiatives, including project development, identifying needed resources and key milestones, and effectively monitoring progress to conclusion
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results by working independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Required
- 8-10 years progressively responsibleexperience in SOX/Internal controls
- Certification including Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred
- Prior Mortgage servicing industry experience a plus. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Prior public accounting experience a plus.