About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
The AVP, ABGA Agency Sales provides leadership, direction, and functional expertise to ensure operational results for his/her assigned area(s) of Agency Sales responsibility. S/he will direct and lead his/her assigned regional agencies to meet or exceed sales goals while also providing operational supervision of the assigned agencies.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure departmental results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to continually improve the capability and results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs/executes approved strategy decisions and contributes to strategy creation for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides leadership and supervision of ABGA agency operations for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs strategies to achieve agency recruiting and sales goals for individual agencies' sales plans.
- Ensures agencies operate within financial parameters and that agencies provide expense reimbursement to Lincoln in a timely manner.
- Promotes new Lincoln products and solutions to agencies.
- Organizes and presents at Recruiting meetings to support ABGA goals.
- Directs new agency activations while also providing in-field orientation and training for ABGA producers and field staff.
- Communicates Lincoln's value proposition and culture within the marketplace to deepen relationships and opportunities where appropriate.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key internal & external stakeholders including Underwriting/New Business, Customer Service, and Commissions to achieve desired results for area(s) of responsibility.
- Undergraduatedegree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 required
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 preferred
- 5-10+ years of experience in financial services that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior management and internal constituents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to think critically, analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).