An Avionics Test Engineer job in Kent, WA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will develop and execute verification strategies for avionics embedded controller hardware used to operate rocket engines in space. You will share in the team"s impact on all aspects of engine build, test, operation, and vehicle integration. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight. Due to the nature of work performed at this facility, you must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder).See More
Avionics Test Development Engineer Job Duties:
* Plan, execute, and report qualification and acceptance testing for avionics in thermal, dynamic, electromagnetic, and other mission-relevant environments
* Take measurements, analyze data, determine root cause, and report findings from functional test failure analysis
* Develop, build, maintain, and use automated test equipment
* Advocate procedures to assure product quality of test equipment development
* Support characterization and specification, device selection, and controller roadmap direction.
* B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field with 2+ years of direct experience in electronics hardware development
* Graduate degree in related engineering or technical field with 7+ years of direct experience in electronics hardware development
* Demonstrated expertise designing high-reliability, safety-critical, Class 2/3 board assemblies; including familiarity with IPC 6xx and NASA-STD-8739.n (or similar) standards.
* Proficiency using Cadence Or CAD / Allegro (or similar tools) to design complex aerospace boards; and experience working with external board manufacturing and assembly vendors.
* Proficiency with scripting; programming and analysis/modeling tools: Python, Linux/Windows shell scripting; assembly language, C, C++; MATLAB / Simulink / SPICE (or similar).
* Exposure to designing safety or mission critical aerospace flight hardware compliant with DO-254.
* Exposure to development of high-reliability, radiation-tolerant, radiation-hardened flight hardware intended for prolonged exposure to extreme space
* Direct hands-on experience with analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuit design, analysis, test, and debug
* Knowledge of signal integrity, power, grounding, and general board layout principles
* Exposure to analog and digital filters, signal conditioning and signal processing
* Familiarity with amplifiers, analog-to-digital converters, power supplies, and analog circuits
* Highly organized team player with excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal)
* Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
If you are interested in this Avionics Test Development Engineer job in Kent, WA please apply via the link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers" better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Valid through: 9/20/2020