As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead the development of rocket engine avionics for a Blue Origin rocket engine. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of engine build, test, operation, and vehicle integration. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop program plans, budgets, and schedules, both from internally derived goals and constraints and from customer contracts and statements-of-work
- Manage schedule, resources, cost and reporting, including risks, variances and recovery plans
- Managing resource projections and personnel assignments to meet demanding schedules.
- Collaborate with many internal and external stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs associated with developing system solutions
- Engage in the development of rocket engine avionics systems including conceptual design, software design and verification, and controller hardware and harness design and verification, and manufacture.
- Lead integration of avionics hardware and software with rocket engines and support rocket engine test
- B.S. in electrical engineering, computer science, aerospace engineering, or related discipline
- 8+ years of industry experience including detailed design and development of avionics systems
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Experience managing project requirements, priorities, scope, schedule, resources, cost and reporting
- Experience in rapid definition of requirements and concept definition for avionics controllers
- Demonstrated technical expertise in spacecraft, launch vehicle, or high-performance aircraft avionics development and verification
- Experience with logic-linked scheduling and cost-account management, risk management, and configuration management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; proven ability to leverage data in decision making
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with developing avionics hardware for deep space applications
- Experience with fault-tolerance strategies for safety and mission critical systems
- Familiarity with version control (e.g. git/gitlab, mercurial, subversion)
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Experience with proposal support and leadership (technical/management volumes, Task Description/Basis–of–Estimate development, etc.)
- Experience working with U.S. Government research agencies (e.g. NASA, AFRL, DARPA)
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.