The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Software Engineer with Boeing Test and Tech. This position will be supporting Boeing Avionics in Dallas, Texas. The Avionics Software Engineer will provide technical leadership in software development of airborne certified components.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in trade studies and proposal teams to identify and scope technical and cost baselines for software development programs
- Develops technical approaches and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners
- Develops and executes integrated project plans, procedures and provides technical guidance to software development programs
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) education.
- Direct experience in software engineering, requirements, design, development, test, and working with airborne certified hardware and software
- Experience working with and partnering with cross-functional teams on projects and initiatives
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Familiarity with commercial or defense platform computing and networking systems
- Experience developing non-recurring and recurring cost estimates for software development programs
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.