$250K - $500K(Ladders Estimates)
ESSENTIAL AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Work responsibilities may vary, depending upon assignment. Work located on Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH
• Shall accomplish Engineering Management tasks and interact with lateral AFLCMC organizations or any external agencies required including base facility, personnel, security, computer support, foreign disclosure, foreign travel, public affairs, test organizations and the building managers to facilitate and support uninterrupted day-to-day operations.
• Provide support of the acquisition, development, or sustainment of weapon systems, subsystems, and support equipment.
• Provide technical assistance to the IPTs as it relates to Operational Safety, Suitability, & Effectiveness (OSS&E).
• Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), Requests for Deviation (RFD), and maintain system configuration baselines.
• Participate in Technology Insertion discussions, Configuration Control Boards (CCB), and Technical & Programmatic Reviews.
• Assist in performing Failure Analysis and the production of economical solutions to improve System Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability.
• Support weapons systems lifecycle analysis of alternatives, creation of investment strategies, design, manufacturing, development, support and end-of-life processes.
• Apply an understanding of DoD, AF and common engineering and scientific principles, criteria and procedures to improve planned and existing AF and joint service weapon system manufacture, operations, re-manufacture and de-militarization operations and oversight.
• Assist in translating user requirements into system requirements.
• Develop and review the overall system design baseline (architecture and interoperability requirements).
• Assist in the review and analysis of proposals, specifications and Interface Control Documents (ICDs).
• Support IPT meetings, TIMs, design reviews and audits, In-Process Reviews (IPRs), and other meetings.
• Assist in the translation of user requirements into system requirements, which will be used to design, develop, fabricate, test and evaluate systems, subsystem and equipment for deployment.
• Assist with the development of requirements and technology needs.
• Assist with plans and policies necessary to improve and retain world class training system manufacturing, operations, re-manufacturing and demilitarization capabilities.
• Assist in the performance of technical/mission analyses of existing and potential operational requirements.
• Assist in developing system concepts and performing technological/trade-off study assessments of proposed designs.
• Assist with the review of the overall system design baseline (architecture and interoperability requirements).
• Assist with developmental planning support in evaluation of the military mission to be accomplished and related requirements documentation; define the set of military missions to be performed and the circumstances under which the mission will be performed.
• Support technical meetings, technical interchanges, system requirement reviews, design reviews, and test readiness reviews.
• Assist with the reviewing, analyzing, and evaluation of change proposals, including regulatory and other policy driver changes or proposed modifications for design feasibility and system compatibility.
• Assist with the development and review of specifications, including system, system segment and equipment specifications, CDRLs, and ICDs involved in programs.
• Support and conduct systems analyses to include system design, design feasibility, configuration audits, and state-of-the-art assessment.
• Support the development and evaluation of Integrated Master Plan (IMP), Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and Systems Engineering Detail Schedule (SEDS) engineering cost estimates.
• Assist in the evaluation of systems test plans (such as systems test plans/test and evaluation master plans) and provide recommendations; and participate in the conduct of system, subsystem and component testing.
• Assist in providing systems/subsystems integration support for the acquisition, development and verification of systems and equipment.
• Support the systems lifecycle including analysis of alternatives, creation of investment strategies, manufacturing, support and end-of-life processes.
• Support and conduct engineering performance effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, lifecycle cost, maintainability, supportability, reliability, technical and schedulerisk assessment, and scheduling trade-off studies.
• Interface with and coordinate communications with all levels of management and functional counterparts.
• Provide support to committees and boards established to discuss and resolve engineering problems and implement decisions involving the technical aspects of programs.
Data Item Evaluation
• Assist in the evaluation and analysis of generated data items, to include, but not limited to, specifications, drawings, proposals, plans, life cycle cost estimates, SOWs, and reports.
• Support the Engineering team in the creation of documents such as System Requirements Documents; Systems Engineering Plans; Programmatic Environmental Safety and Health Evaluation; and Operational Safety, Suitability and Effectiveness Baseline Documents; and in executing Systems Engineering Assessments of the programs.
• Support program management in the development and evaluation of IMP, IMS and SEDS.
• Assist in the evaluation of system test plans and participate in the conduct of system, subsystem, and component testing.
• Provide systems/subsystems integration support for the acquisition, development and verification of systems and equipment.
• Evaluate and analyze Contractor- and Government-provided documentation for compliance with requirements; and shall identify system impacts and cost, schedule, and technical performance risks.
• Support the development of program risk assessment and execute risk management IAW AFI 63-101, Integrated Life Cycle Management.
• Assist in the preparation of briefings and reports that directly support the acquisition program.
• Assist in the briefing of program status.
• Provide support for the design, development, production, procurement, and testing of aircrew and maintenance training systems.
• Apply broad engineering expertise, analyzing and originating solutions to a wide range of issues.
• Apply advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes to aid in the development and validation of new engineering requirements, technical approaches and product proposals that will improve overall system performance capability.
• Assist teams of engineers and other functional participants to address major engineering proposals, issues, and problems in their areas of responsibility.
• Recommend technical policies to establish and ensure consistency in the application of technical baseline engineering data and processes.
• Assist in evaluating system test plans and participate in the conduct of system, subsystem, and component testing.
• Support bed down planning at both CONUS and OCONUS sites.
• Provide technical guidance, coordination and systems expertise to support major AFLCMC system programs.
• Provide assistance for feasibility studies/technical evaluations to determine application and effectiveness of new technologies and concepts.
• Provide assistance in monitoring technological trends and applications to maintain currency.
• Provide assistance in the assessment of technical risks and recommend options for consideration by program offices.
• Assist in conferences, meetings and support various types of investigations or ad-hoc discussions.
• Provide support in the evaluation of aircrew and maintenance training plans, test procedures, test reports and evaluation of engineering change proposals.
• Shall sign an NDA to provide assistance with source selections technical proposals.
• Provide relevant comments and recommendations as a non-voting member of a source selection board.
Document Development Support
• Assist with the development and maintenance of time-phased, event-driven Security Classification Guides (SCGs), Program Security Directives (PSDs), Technology Assessment and Control Plans (TA/CPs), and Program Protection Plans (PPPs) and the Anti-Tamper (AT) plan.
• Assist with the development and/or maintenance of the Physical Security requirements for facilities/organizations to include preparing all required documentation for secure facilities.
• Assist in the integration of US export and technology control laws, DoD/Air Force policy and instructions, and other applicable guidance into program protection planning.
• Assist in the recommendation of changes to DoD, Air Force and program security policy and instructions.
• Assist in ensuring proper filing of all records, files, documentation, and working papers in accordance with AF Electronic Records Management (ERM).
Program Protection Program
• Assist with the PPP to include, but not be limited to, the following tasks:
o supporting security working groups
o maintaining PPP database
o identifying Critical Program Information (CPI) to include Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) and Criticality reviews
o identifying program threats
o analyzing system vulnerabilities and recommending alternative cost-effective security countermeasures that meet security objectives within the overall system design and program strategy
o integrating flexible, cost-effective, and threat-based security process, plans and procedures to protect each critical weapon system during its life cycle
AVIONICS INTEGRATION ENGINEERING
• Shall have knowledge of avionics engineering in support of avionics subsystem definition, development, integration, all verification methods to include review of ICD, sustainment, modeling/simulation, test and evaluation, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems.
• Use knowledge of CNS/ATM requirements, policies, and regulations to define requirements, complete CNS/ATM compliance matrices, and support testing and certification of aircraft and supporting systems.
• Assist in reviewing/developing/updating applicable program documentation for avionics engineering relevant requirements. The Contractor shall assist in performing analyses of avionics systems and subsystems including, but not limited to, system threat analysis, laser systems, computer systems, avionics interfaces, and multiplex buss communications.
• Assist in the identification of potential issues and/or areas of improvement for USG consideration.
• Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
• Follow policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
• Attend work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved travel or time off.
• Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required (see WORKING CONDITIONS below).
• Work flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years' experience and a Master's degree in engineering or a minimum of 20' years' experience and an ABET-accredited Bachelor's degree in engineering.
• A Senior typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. A Senior may oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all contracted staff assigned to a specific job.
• Must possess an active DoD Secret Clearance
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Microsoft Internet Explorer, and other standard (Customer specified) applications.)
• Must be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
Physical Skills and Abilities:
• May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
PESystems Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for Employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, marital status and disability (including physical or mental disability as well as pregnancy) veteran status or any other status protected by Federal State or local law.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17