As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for applying state of the art fault tolerant design techniques to circuit and system designs for safety critical spaceflight avionics. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Engage systems and company-wide hardware engineering groups in establishing system, architecture, box, and board reliability requirements for spaceflight avionics
- Architect fault-tolerant systems that meet the reliability requirements for mission-, flight-, and safety-critical avionics systems
- Develop fault-tolerant circuit, board, and interconnect designs
- Develop test methods to verify fault-tolerant behavior of safety-critical systems
- Master degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with specialization in controls or fault tolerant system design
- 7+ years of relevant experience in safety-critical and fault tolerant circuit and system design
- Knowledge of environmental stress induced component and assembly failure mechanisms
- Excellent analog and digital circuit design capabilities
- Demonstrated skills in circuit analysis and measurement methods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Understanding of PCB fabrication, harness, and circuit card assembly technologies
- Understanding of formal hardware development assurance methods for safety-critical systems