As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will design and develop avionics enclosures for various spaceflight systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design, analysis, development, and test of ruggedized electronics enclosures.
- Create, run and evaluate structural, thermal and vibration analysis on avionics enclosures
- Support electronics development and trade studies
- Develop derived systems requirements
- Create interface definition, specification, and control documents
- Validate requirements through design, test, analysis, or inspection
- Oversee fabrication and assembly
- Plan and conduct tests, review and interpret data
- Provide technical guidance for hardware installation
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status
- B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical or an appropriate engineering field
- 5+ years of recent electronics packaging experience of designing aerospace or equivalent, avionics boxes
- Strong electrical and mechanical design and integration skills using 3-D CAD software
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience with Creo 3.0, Windchill 10, ansys
- Experience with launch vehicle or spacecraft mechanical systems