The Aviation Safety Manager is responsible for the administration of the company Safety program and functions as the lead investigator for any company safety incidents and/or accidents that may occur with the goal of providing post incident recommendations for process improvement in standardization, training, and safety. This position monitors safety issues, provides safety education, acts as the resident expert on safety matters, helps to develop loss control standards, and makes recommendations to improve safety in the workplace both in CONUS and OCONUS locations. The Safety Manager will conduct regular audits on the execution of aviation actions, policies and procedures as they relate to the safety program in order to provide regular and timely reports and to provide recommendations on process improvement. The Safety Manager is additionally responsible for operating as a company instructorpilot, trainer, and check airman. The Safety Manager will also function as a pilot directed by the Director of Operations. The Safety Manager reports to the Director of Operations.
Skills and Qualifications (Quality Supervisor):
- Must have and maintain an active license and be a certified commercial pilot
- More than 10 years of experience in aviation and at least 2000 hours as a Pilot in Command
- Must have 5 years of experience with aviation safety management
- Must have demonstrated operational experience in a deployed environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Products such as MS Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Experience with or certification in OSHA standards
- Demonstrated ability to teach a class size of up to 15 personnel
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active Secret Security Clearance
- Military experience
- Have or be able to successfully obtain an SA 227 METROLINER and King Air B300 Type Rating
- Experience operating with and under DCMA Instruction 8210 and AR 95-20 Safety Rules and Regulations
Location: North Andover, MA
Degree:Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
Clearance: Secret Clearance Required.