Are you passionate about aviation? Stantec Consulting Services Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Airport Project Engineer to join our successful Aviation Practice. This dynamic individual will be responsible for engineering and leading design efforts for airside and landside airport infrastructure and development projects.
Tasks will include preparation of technical studies and reports, engineering design concepts, construction plans, specifications, opinions of construction costs, and assistance during construction phase services including field observation.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Demonstrated successful experience with engineering/design of commercial and general aviation airport improvements, including pavement, drainage, utility, and landside/site projects.
- Ability to coordinate and direct efforts of technical staff to develop high-quality deliverables.
- Thorough knowledge and application of FAA design standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of FAA and state airport capital funding processes.
- Expertise using engineering design and office software, including AutoCAD Civil 3-D and MS Office.
- Ability to exercise discretion and balance the need for independent and collaborative efforts.
- Construction administration and observation experience preferred.
- Oversees preparation of as-built plans.
- Excellent communication skills and a skilled problem solver, with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service and individual excellence are paramount.
- Excited about being an integral part of a nationally recognized aviation team with a strong passion for excellence and the desire to be a leader in the aviation consulting industry.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Interest and desire to travel on regional and national basis.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good writing skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions and developing jurisdictional experience and contacts.
- Developing ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Current driver's license and ability to obtain airside security badge at commercial service airports and passing required security background check required.
Education and Experience
BS in Civil Engineering.
5-10 years of experience in airport/aviation civil engineering.
Registered Professional Engineer (PE) required.