JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to get the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
***This position requires travel throughout the United States frequently.***
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
PRECONSTRUCTION FAMILY – CORE
- Leads overall preconstruction process, resulting in a comprehensive deliverable which includes competitive bids, negotiated proposals, cost estimates, analysis and budgets.
- Prepares and executes project win strategies by preparing for interviews and leading internal and external presentations of estimates and proposals to support the business development process.
- Oversees project teams and ensures successful execution and completion of preconstruction process.
- Manages relationships with key clients and design team contacts during the preconstruction phase.
- Capable of performing estimating tasks as needed, including self-perform estimating.
- Creates conceptual budgets.
- Reports accurate project cost history.
- Partners with operations to review project risk assessment, scoring and completion.
- Reviews project business plan with other stakeholders, such as operations and office leadership, to ensure alignment and profitability.
- Leads, supports and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion within JE Dunn. Understands JE Dunn’s policy of non-discrimination and ensures positive, proactive implementation throughout the organization.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
PRECONSTRUCTION SERVICES DIRECTOR 1
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Develops and manages departmental and project win strategies. Leverages leads and relationships to enhance business development efforts.
- Manages the client presentation and sales processes in collaboration with the business development team throughout the business development lifecycle.
- Develops strong relationships and serves as a primary contact for clients and subcontractors throughout the preconstruction process. Leverages relationships to help clients transition from business development to preconstruction.
- Oversees final review, development and overall accuracy and completion of takeoffs and internal pricing.
- Manages the budget to limit variance during the estimating and preconstruction phases of the project.
- Assumes an influential leadership role in community and industry relationship building through networking, representing the organization and the preconstruction services function to help promote the interests of the company.
- Collaborates with operations executives to develop business plans and overall business strategies.
- Frequently participates in office, regional and/or national level leadership strategic planning and execution. Develops and supports company-wide initiatives, best practices and policies within the work program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on strong Excel skills (Advanced).
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications (Advanced).
- Proficiency in construction estimating software (Advanced).
- Proficiency in required construction technology (Intermediate).
- Ability to prepare quantity surveys.
- Knowledge of the means and methods of construction management (Advanced).
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work (Advanced).
- Knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of MBE (Minority Business Enterprise), WBE (Women’s Business Enterprise), and SBA (Small Business Administration) regulations (Intermediate).
- Ability to develop General Requirements estimates.
- Knowledge of project processes and how each supports the successful completion of a project.
- Ability to develop proficiency in Lens, Revit and/or ASE software.
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field (Required).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 10+ years construction estimating experience including a minimum of 5+ years people management and 2+ years financial management.
- Must have experience estimating from start to finish 75M+ Aviation projects.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.