As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Our sales and marketing teams talk the talk and walk the walk, marketing hundreds of products worldwide for consumer, business and military applications. Our highly-motivated sales professionals not only initiate new relationships, but also maintain positive rapport with established dealers. Our marketing teams support the sales teams, ensuring quality marketing materials are initiated, scheduled, produced, documented and archived. If marketing and selling a quality product at an affordable price is in your plan, then let’s strategize.
We are looking for a full-time Aviation Marketing Manager for our headquarters in the Greater Kansas City Area. In this role, you will be responsible for generating and executing marketing plans, coordinating new product introductions, developing internal and external marketing materials, and supporting the Sales teams as needed. The successful candidate will have a passion for developing effective marketing strategies, be detail oriented, and have a strong understanding of the avionics industry, product technologies, and their value to the customer. This person partners with sales, engineering, systems & programs and other functional areas to implement strategy and drive execution. Other essential functions include:
- Define product and feature positioning, key benefits, target market, and go-to-market strategy.
- Develop and maintain a three (3) year product and technology roadmaps to guide marketing strategies and product rollouts.
- Lead regular marketing meetings with the sales team leaders to develop product marketing plans for new products. Develops marketing strategy for current products and services, company positioning for future trade shows, reviews current competitive marketing campaigns, and reviews prior advertising/marketing execution quality.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Communications to deliver creative and high-impact printed collateral, website content, press releases, marketing memos and product launches. Contribute to any aspects of material development, including writing/editing copy, developing screenshots, logistical coordination and more.
- Provide leadership for digital marketing including social media, webinars, forums, web search and other digital advertising.
- Be immersed in the market to understand customer needs, specify market requirements, and find innovative solutions.
- Provide marketing input for new product concepts.
- Ensure product financials fit within the overall product strategy and pricing guidelines
- Conduct and communicate competitive analysis on a routine basis, including research at tradeshows and lead market research efforts.
- Develop presentation content and materials for use by sales teams.
- Train sales teams on product selling points and provide detailed competitive analysis.
Qualified candidaets possess a Bachelors Degree in a business or technical field from an accredited four year college or university. Other requirements include:
- Minimum 3-years experience managing and promoting high technology products from inception through sunset
- Demonstrated knowledge developing and executing strategy/growth plans for new products and new markets
- Demonstrated strong business-to-business analytical, financial, strategic thinking and marketing skills
- Minimum 2 years experience in the aviation industry; demonstrated knowledge of avionics markets and complex aircraft systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of the avionics competitive landscape, products and systems
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be team and detail oriented, possess a positive attitude, and work well with others
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems
- Proven ability to influence and lead diverse teams from various internal and external organizations
- Proven track record executing marketing projects and programs
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of management and associates
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrated proficiency using Apple Keynote presentation software
- Must possess a Pilot’s license with instrument rating
- Thorough knowledge of Garmin and/or competitive products
- Marketing experience within Business Aviation, Commercial Aviation and/or Defense Aviation markets
- Familiarity with avionics installations
- Working knowledge or experience with graphical editing and/or video editing
- Previous experience leading teams with a proven track record in effective project management, team leadership and communication skills with the ability to effectively coach and mentor