Manage the service, repair, and overall maintenance of aircraft to ensure aircrafts are safe for flight and compliant with FAA regulations. Oversee the scheduling and timely completion of repairs and maintenance and provides guidance to maintenance team. Manages department projects and budget issues. Oversee daily operation of department(s). Implement short-term business strategies. Responsible for implementing cost saving procedures. Direct staff in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and programs. Adhere to both company policy and governmental regulations concerning department. Manage departmental structure, employee development, training and planning.
- Supervises maintenance technicians.
- Arranges for maintenance technician training.
- Manages all maintenance activities of MassMutual aircraft.
- Implements and manages all Flight Department maintenance policies and procedures.
- Establishes maintenance safety policies and procedures for ground operations and evaluates effectiveness via the Safety Management System.
- Provides plans, schedules and budgets for all aircraft maintenance.
- Coordinates with regulatory agencies on maintenance topics.
- Provides feedback to the regulatory authorities on information resulting from maintenance and operational experience with respect to continuing airworthiness.
- Coordinates with all non-Company personnel or Approved Maintenance Organizations (AMOs) performing maintenance on MassMutual aircraft;
- Establishes and maintains aircraft maintenance records required by FAA regulations, manufacturer recommendations and Company policy.
- Ensures compliance with Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins effecting Flight Department aircraft.
- Removes unsafe aircraft from service; Removes aircraft from service that do not comply with the CFRs.
- Remains knowledgeable of pertinent areas of IS-BAO and areas of the FOM.
- Participates in the Safety Management System.
- Assumes any duties delegated by the Head of Aviation.
- Holds a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the planning, implementation and direction of the maintenance programs and control system for the aircraft operated.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the national regulations and standards relating to aircraft maintenance.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Possesses a Bachelor Degree (highly desirable).
- 5+ years of relevant experience