HDR currently has an opening for an Aviation Market Sector Lead to join our team in Anchorage, Alaska. As a direct report to the Transportation Business Group Manager, this position will be responsible for the development of our local Alaska aviation practice and may assist throughout the Northwest region. Overall responsibilities include program and staff development, profitability, morale, quality control and marketing. Will continue to function in a Senior Project Manager capacity on aviation and transportation projects, in addition to business class management responsibilities. See that all work is planned, organized, controlled and evaluated through an internal project management system. Understand, implement, monitor and support our company policy. Interview and assist in the hiring of all Project Engineers and technical personnel as required. Develop strong production capabilities with the Project Managers and leadership team in our Anchorage office.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant Aviation Engineering degree is required.
• 10+ years of experience in civil engineering, aviation design and/ or planning is preferred.
• Prior aviation industry experience necessary. Previous experience on aviation projects in Alaska is desired.
• Program management experience preferred.
• Self-starter; good communication and people skills. Excellent marketing capabilities.
• Success in initiating and managing growth.
• Existing network of clients extremely beneficial.