Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 235 days ago
Support the J31 Air Division in providing airpower expertise to assist in the development of strategic plans and positions for Special Operations airpower requirements, training, and operations. The SME also supports synchronization of worldwide SOF aviation operations and Security Force Assistance (SFA) missions and monitors aviation readiness and requirements in support of all Command task plans including USSOCOM-assigned Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) through the appropriate Component, SOF AT&L, and J8 personnel. Tasks include:
- Send and receive official messages (e.g., Automated Message Handling System, Logbook).
- Prepare and present briefings referencing all duties and responsibilities regarding Aviation Security Cooperation (AvSC) to include AvFID and Aviation Security Force Assistance (AvSFA).
- Maintain AvSC related information on the USSOCOM SOF Portal.
- Input data, maintain, and update the AvFID Attribution Model (UAAM), Global Prioritized Engagement List (GPEL), and Global Prioritized Resourced Engagement Plan (GPREP) and associated software applications.
- Coordinate and communicate (via email, phone, VTC, conferences, workshops, etc.) with the appropriate agencies (e.g., Components, Services, Staff, COCOMs, Multi-National Partners) to ensure J31 requirements are met and inputs are sent/received IAW with established timelines.
- Draft edits to the Government for updating, maintaining, and publishing SOCOM Manual 350-50, Aviation Foreign Internal Defense Global Prioritization and Resourcing Procedures.
- Adjust the AvSFA (AvFID/SFA) plan as necessary, coordinate After Action Reviews (AARs), and ensure significant lessons learned are entered into the Joint Lessons Learned Information System – SOF (JLLIS-SOF) database.
- Receive, process, and coordinate Military Airworthiness Appraisals/Assessments IAW DoD Directive 5030.61 and DoD Instruction 4500.53.
- Master’s Degree with Ten (10) Years’ experience in SOF Aviation in AFSOC, USASOC, and/or USSOCOM
- Twelve (12) Years’ combined Joint, SOF, Interagency, and Regional experience working military operations to include special operations conducted in a joint, combined, and interagency environment
- Joint, SOF, Interagency, and Regional experience (Fifteen (15) Years’ Combined)
- Institute for Security Cooperation’s Studies (ISCS) Security Cooperation Course Qualified
- Completed, one Joint Staff, combatant command, or multi-national staff tour
- Graduated from a Joint Professional Military Education course, Intermediate Development Course or a Senior Professional Military Education Course
- Five (5) Years’ experience using communication skills, both written and oral, to include preparation of written products for senior leader (general officer/flag officer/senior executive service level) use and the ability to communicate at all levels in a highly professional manner