This Systems Engineer II position requires dual skill sets on Nortel and Avaya voice platforms. The organization is in the midst of a migration from Legacy Nortel to a current Avaya platformand UC solution. The location for this position has a large installation of Nortel CS1000 systems that will require a high amount of day to day MACD work. As this system is migrated over to new solutions a greater focus will be required on the Avaya call center platform. For long term Avaya focus, an expert level knowledge is required in multiple disciplines of VoIP networking, primarily around Avaya voice platforms. Skill set to include expertise in Avaya (CM, SM, CC Elite, BSR, CMS, AES, AM, SIP, H.323 etc.) and strong knowledge of SIP and SBC’s (Oracle / Acme Packet). Exposure to and knowledge of voice recording (Verint), CDR (Calero), Genesys IVR / CTI and experience in building global solutions a plus. Candidate will be responsible for multiple projects from requirements, design, implementation and support. Will also provide expertise to administer and maintain system changes, upgrades and patch management as required for stable and secure platforms. Provides day to day support (MACD), coordinates delivery of voice installations, changes and provides top level troubleshooting of the VoIP network.
- Designs, installs, and maintains the enterprise voice services platforms to meet the functional objectives of the business. Researches, evaluates, and implements new advanced networking and voice technologies. Seeks new technologies that would be applicable to the FDC environment. Strong knowledge of the FDC network and voice infrastructure (PBX/ACD/IVR) and ability to assess and implement high-risk/high-visibility changes. Leads coordination efforts with both technical and non-technical peer groups to determine requirements. Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers possessing a wide range of technical knowledge. Performs additional job duties as required.
- Key Objectives / Responsibilities, (but not limited to) Ability to troubleshoot with the Network team on network issues related to VoIP technologies. Developing, testing, implementing, and support of voice network technologies. Ensuring the development of documentation, including appropriate policies and procedures for all aspects of VoIP network. Assessing customer requirements for voice technology initiatives and recommend appropriate solutions. Helping to provide a high quality, high availability telephony environment, including disaster recovery planning and testing. Assist in the optimization of technology in telecom environment. Maintaining knowledge of existing network and applications, including new products and technologies. Performing customer assessments, design, build, and technical documentation in support of the organization. Proficiency in Avaya Communication Manager and call center technologies with additional experience and support of adjunct devices such as, CDR – Calero, IVR / CTI – Genesys, Monitoring – Prognosis, Dialers – Noble, Call Recording - Verint.
- Provide support for critical functions on a daily basis, including (but not limited to) Nortel CS1000 voice platforms, Avaya System Manager, Session Manager, AES, CMS, Verint, CC-Elite, AAM, Oracle / Acme Packet SBC. Planning, designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining the implementation of the Voice infrastructure including hardware/software recommendations. Evaluating and/or recommending potential voice solutions (i.e. hardware, software, network-related) consistent with corporate goals and objectives. Monitoring, evaluating, and maintaining systems and procedures to protect from unauthorized users. Recommending and implementing policies and standards and ensuring adherence. Troubleshooting user/system voice problems. Able to capture, analyze and troubleshoot SIP header detail with knowledge of how to configure SBC’s for header manipulation for redirect and presentation as required.
- Provide training or individual assistance to users as needed. Staying current with voice technologies relevant to the call center environment. Managing large quantity of day-to-day MACD tickets in support of local and remote users and ensure adherence to defined service levels. Managing incidents for the Call Centers to include call flows, agents, reporting systems, etc.. Familiarity with centralized ticketing systems. Developing and documenting voice operations and monitoring processes and procedures. Skilled in programming of call vectoring, VDN, variable vectors, skill group expert agent, call flow build, and change requests. Routine monitoring of voice equipment, inclusive of patching and system performance related events. Participate in after hours on call support rotation.
Scope of Job
Leads complex business projects as well as day to day MACD’s. Provides coaching and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
Works independently with IT functional units and business units. Recommends strategies for technical aspects of projects as well as broad system improvements.
- Bachelors degree in computer technology field or equivalent work experience. Must have 10+ years of up to date Avaya System / Call Center experience. Expertise in Avaya Communication Manager 6+, System/Session Manager, AES, Oracle (Acme Packet) SBC’s highly desired. Strong business analyst skills. Strong project organizational skills. Strong SIP Carrier knowledge. Networking knowledge.
- IT ENVIRONMENT
- Bachelor of Engineering Preferred
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.