- Analyze complex systems in Electric and Gas powertrain, chassis, body, and electrical systems using MBSE to perform trade studies.
- Decompose requirements from the vehicle level through subsystems, and components, ensuring correctness, connectivity, and traceability.
- Develop new methods for system optimization and drive into the engineering process
- Use SysML to provide an abstract view of the system that can be analyzed for multi-attribute decision-making.
- Author descriptive models, including system boundary diagram with requirement documentation and traceability.
- Develop Design Structure Matrices and define interfaces between components, subsystems, and systems.
- Develop cross-functional solutions that deliver cost, weight, performance and meet customer needs.
- Develop and document Systems Engineering Best Practices and deploy them across the Product Development Community.
- Lead trade-off discussions in Systems Engineering Reviews
- Work with purchasing to determine cost effective sourcing of the system
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Physics or related degree
- 5+ years of experience with Systems Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with product development in the Automotive, Aerospace or Medical Device industry
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Physics or related degree
- Experience related to domain knowledge in body structures, electrical systems, electrical motors, chassis or vehicle engineering
- INCOSE Systems Engineer Certification or related
- Demonstrates critical thinking, courage, humility, decisiveness, flexibility, knowledge, vision, communications
- Experienced in CAD (CATIA), SysML (MagicDraw) and quality documentation (DFMEA, LFMA, Boundary Documents)
- Strong empathy and communication skills to enable collaboration
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, ability to concisely summarize complex concepts
- Strong systems thinking and analytical skills