A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Responsible for all phases of implementing complex enterprise-wide network audio and video solutions. Establishes requirements and performs tradeoff analyses between alternatives. Cognizant of best practices in routing and switching and unified communications solutions. Plans upgrade and migration paths for existing network, voice, and video solutions. Establishes and enforces system policies, standards and procedures. Responsible for configuration, monitoring and continuous improvement of enterprise systems.
- Lead and support audio-visual projects on new initiatives. Provide upgrades and changes, capacity planning, life-cycle management, and integration services.
- Provide technical leadership for corporate audio-visual services.
- Establish and maintain AV network analysis and monitoring tools; including fine tuning, health monitoring, and alerting.
- Create and maintain documentation for audio/video systems and procedures.
- Optimize stability, availability, reliability, and performance of audiovisual services.
- Coordinates and communicates with other teams for infrastructure changes and customer/client notifications.
- Interfaces with users to understand needs. Designs and implements solutions to accommodate them.
- Collaborates with otherinfrastructure teams in the architecture governance process.
- Provides technical guidance to project team in areas as appropriate.
- Tracks industry trends, conducts research, and maintains knowledge of new technologies to provide the organization with optimal solutions.
- Responsible for planning and implementing new AV features and services.
- May work with Cisco Call Managers, TelePresence Management Suite, VCS, VCS Expressway, Skype for Business and otherinfrastructure components.
This position is available as an Aerospace Corporation Staff II or III.
- Three or more years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree. One or more years of relevant experience with a master's degree.
- Ability to troubleshoot audio visual systems and equipment.
- Good knowledge of matrix switching, audio/video hardware video processing, and audio/video signal flow.
- Ability to design and commission AV systems. Able to utilize VidCad or CAD in the creation of proper schematics and drawings.
- Crestron programming experience or desire to learn.
- Experience with Cisco video conferencing systems and infrastructure. Experience with Polycom endpoints.
- Experience with Cisco telepresence bridging, gateway, gatekeeper, and call control infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Unified Communications solutions (Cisco CMS, Skype for Business)
- Knowledge and understanding of basic networking topology.
- Experience in webcasting/streaming and/or digital video delivery solutions.
- Experience with Wireless Presentation Technologies.
- Familiarity with AV computer software including video capture systems, digitalediting, and web encoding.
- Experience in supporting scheduling systems and digital signage.
- Ability to work well individually or in a team environment.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks and multiple projects under deadlines.
- Possess strong organizational skills with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work withother organizations.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Occasional travel to other Aerospace locations.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- 6 or more years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- CISCO CERTIFICATION IS DESIRED, CCNP, OR CCIE
- Infocomm - CTS certification, CTS-D certification and/or classes
- Technical schooling or degree in related field with heavy practical experience in AV industry.
Staff III Qualifications
- The Staff II Required Qualfiications from above
- Six or more years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree, 4 or more years of relevant experience with Master’s Degree
See Staff II (except experience) Preferred
Requisition ID: 23881