Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv ' a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Aptiv, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we're more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is an advanced technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. We're dedicated to bringing
the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life. Aptiv.com
About this position
Our Safety Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by delivering a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system to our customers and enabling Mobility on Demand (MoD). As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for an exceptional Safety Engineering talent to help us set the foundation and direction for the future of our technology.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment? Do you take untraditional approaches to product development? If the answers are yes, we're looking for you.
Responsibilities and duties
- Perform safety management activities during all project phases (concept, product development, production) including preliminary hazard analysis, DFMEA, FMEDA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis
- Develop safety architectures to ensure compliance with ISO26262
- Create Technical Safety Concept
- Specify detailed safety requirements, including diagnostic, software requirements and Hardware requirements
- Ensure the System safety requirements are implemented, and traced in Software and Hardware with linkage to appropriate safety analysis, Design Artefacts, Validation artefacts, etc
- Collaborate with project managers, development team, suppliers and customers on Functional Safety
- Coordinate confirmation/verification reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycle
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools ( e.g., DOORS )
- Proven record of taking customer requirements from design to production
- Familiarity with DSP algorithms, Microprocessor/DSP based hardware designs, and Software Architecture
Nice to haves (preferred qualifications)
- Familiarity with Microprocessor/DSP based hardware designs, and Software Architecture
- Familiarity with development in the embedded environment
Traits we seek
- Curiously investigate everything ' ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence ' thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing ' an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience ' seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv rewards and advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)