Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We’re at the forefront of solving mobility’s toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what’s now to what’s next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com
Electronics & Safety division (E&S) pioneered the sensors, software, and systems that empower Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Warning, Emergency Brake Assist, and Lane Keeping systems widely available to consumers today; and we continue to stretch the technology envelope with 360-degree sensing and advanced algorithms piloting automated vehicles.
About this Position
This Vehicle Test Engineer role is centered around the engineering aspects of an On-Road Vehicle Test program, spanning several US states and cities - primarily test route mapping, instrumentation setup, and data analysis. Initially this position will need to travel to set up test routes and train Vehicle Operators on data recording as needed. The successful On-Road Vehicle Test Engineer has a self-starting mentality, enjoys working on a variety of projects simultaneously and understands how to achieve a high level of "customer" satisfaction from engineering teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design test routes in several locations to meet data needs of engineering teams. Includes training and interfacing with the Vehicle Operators in each location to get the right feedback.
- Specification of instrumentation and equipment for test vehicles.
- Design, creation and implementation of automated data analysis scripts. Includes working withengineering teams to determine which parameters to calculate, writing robust scripts to do the analysis, and then presenting the trends and statistics to engineering teams on a weekly basis.
- Lead activities around Vehicle Operator calibration, technical training and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 1+ years of Vehicle-level testing experience in development or validation from one of the following areas: Autonomous Vehicles, Durability/Reliability, Vehicle Dynamics, Homologation
- 1+ years of data analysis experience
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications)
- Basic working-knowledge of Autonomous Vehicle technology
- Comfortable leading weekly meetings with customer teams to communicate test results and describe data in technical depth.
- Experienceworking with remote Technicians and Operators/Drivers
- Experience with NHTSA Levels 2-5 Autonomous Vehicles
- Experience creating automated data analysis in tools such as MATLAB
Traits We Seek
- Curiously investigate everything – ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)