The Automotive Technical Recruiter will be supporting the military Veteran and Non-Veteran automotive talent recruiting goals of the Industry Management Services (IMS) Directorate. The position provides direct recruiting support to CALIBRE's automotive industry technical recruiting for major OEM programs (e.g., Jaguar Land Rover North America (JLRNA), and Mercedes-Benz (MBUSA).
The Automotive Technical Recruiter will be responsible for:
- Assessing retail automotive dealership talent management needs.
- Providing technical recruiting services liaison with the Armed Forces of the United States, the major automotive vocational technical schools, and the ASE NATEF / AYES certified community college and high school automotive technology programs.
- Frequently and proactively communicating with military base transition centers, military family and community readiness offices, local chapters of Veterans Service Organizations (e.g., American Legion, VFW, AMVETS, IAVA, and similar VSOs) in the vicinity of retail dealerships in need of talent.
- Recruiting on various social media sites, so must be well grounded.
- Proactive and daily engagement with the Project Managers / Senior Technical Recruiters, and the Regional Senior Field Recruiters.
- Delivering a monthly targeted number of prospects to support regional placement goals, and performance will be measured by the number of successful monthly placements, offset by any turnover losses from previous placements.
- Traveling, frequently, throughout the Northeast United States (New England States, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. This position also supports technical recruiting for Canadian Ex-Military personnel in Ontario Province, Canada.
- Task Management – The ability to manage complex tasks, independently or as part of a team, meeting quality and schedule goals within a resource and time constrained environment;
- Technical Expertise- The ability to deliver military Veteran and non-military recruiting technical expertise that ensures a superior client experience;
- Communications – The ability to clearly articulate the value proposition of a career in the luxury and performance automotive industry as a brand certified service technician. Must be capable of interacting with a diverse group of people (OEM management teams, automotive dealership management teams, military mechanics and technicians, Veterans, vocational technical (VOTECH) school instructors and students, and other stakeholders) with competing interests and priorities;
- Social Networking - The ability to leverage a wide range of social media forums to connect with a vast array of talent, while working within established boundaries for content, OEM branding, and CALIBRE network security requirements;
- Production – The ability to generate recruiting leads that result in achieving monthly placement goals established by the PM and Senior Technical Recruiter; and,
- Quality Control – The ability to deliver quality candidates who remain fully employed and valued by their respective dealerships for no less than 12 months following their hiring start date.
- Veterans Benefits – The ability to convey accurate information about the GI Bill® and registered apprenticeship application procedures as they relate to OEM sponsored apprenticeship programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Automotive Technology, or a Human Resources related field
- Five or more years of technical recruiting experience within the US automotive industry and / or the US Armed Forces
- Five or more years processing and safeguarding personally identifiable information (PII) without incident
- Three or more years of requesting, tracking, and processing background check requests
- A thorough understanding of Military Discharge Documents (From DD-214)
- A thorough understanding of Military MOS/Rating assignments and training guidelines
- A proven familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A proven history of creating and editing PDF documents
- Three years of automotive industry recruiting in support of retail dealership or vocational technical school talent placement operations
- Five or more years of active duty military service (military pay grade of E-5 or above)
- Three or more years of applicant tracking system utilization
- Two or more years of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) automotive client experience