Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We’re at the forefront of solving mobility’s toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what’s now to what’s next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com
Movimento’s comprehensive software management services provide the support needed to reliably deliver vehicles with the most up-to-date and reliable software. From in-plant installation to global reflashing, our software management services alleviate the logistical burdens manufacturers face when adjusting to an increasingly software-defined industry.
About this position
We are looking for an Automotive Software Engineer who will be responsible for software design/architecture, coding, unit test creation using C/C++, and/or C#/.NET.* programming languages. They will develop software and hardware solutions that enable our software teams to test their automotive diagnostics software. Additionally, this engineer will need to be able to look at CAN traces and diagnostic specifications to debug and develop custom solutions to meet internal and customer needs. They will need to have extensive automotive diagnostics knowledge and be familiar with common diagnostics tools. This engineer will work with various teams to support customers locally and globally. This engineer will report to the Engineering Manager directly. This position will support the customer in time-sensitive, technically challenging, automotive software diagnostic issues. The candidate should be able to communicate effectively, work with both technical and non-technical peers and customers and be willing to work hard to meet customer expectations. They also must be comfortable designing a test system from the ground up to test our automotive diagnostics software systems effectively.
Responsibilities and duties
- Perform testing on new programs and resolve any issues.
- Create test systems for automotive diagnostics (UDS over CAN)
- Analyze and interpret specifications and extract requirements.
- Create technical specifications and test plans.
- Research, design, and write new software programs.
- Perform software coding using C/C++, and C#/.NET.
- Develop existing software programs further through modifications.
- Work with colleagues to clarify or resolve issues and develop designs.
- Write operational procedure documentation with technical authors.
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Work closely with other staff, such as Project Managers, Hardware Engineers, and Program Managers.
- Consult with customers/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software in a real-time environment.
- Travel to customer and/or supplier locations to support job duties as needed.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and actions consistent with company values.
- Assist customers who require immediate and/or emergency services by going above and beyond to ensure completion in a timely and successful manner.
- Work with customer-dedicated teams to support job activities, including working onsite at customer locations as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science, software engineering or computer engineering
- Knowledge/experience of Object Orientated languages and programming
- Knowledge/experience of C language and programming
- 5+ years CAN, UDS, DoIP (Automotive Ethernet) and similar experience
- 5+ years Ford GGDS, GMLAN, GM Global B, Powernet (FCA) and similar experience
- 3+ years Vector tools experience (CANoe, CANopy, CANalyzer) experience
- 5+ years automotive diagnostic experience
- 3+ years experience in automotive testing with onboard vehicle ECUs
- Ability to travel to customer sites (both engineering and plant) and work hands on with the customer to test/validate Aptiv/Movimento software as well as debug internal and customer issues working closely with the customer in production and engineering environments
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to define and lead teams in creating test systems from the ground up for various automotive diagnostic ECU testing systems
Traits we seek
- Curiously investigate everything – ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv rewards and advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)