Job Title: Automotive Product Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Experience Level (Years) 10 - 15
- The Product Engineer will have strong product exposure to perform a complete benchmarking study of the related automotive system, identify cost reduction ideas & perform value engineering based on his experience in the area
- Exposure to chassis subsystems such as suspension, wheels & axle, steering, brakes
- Should have working knowledge of materials & manufacturing processes
- Perform feasibility checks with respect to material, manufacturing & design aspects;
- Work diligently with suppliers to develop each applicable component/sub-system to meet all weight, cost, durability, and performance targets;
- Effectively collaborate with otherengineering groups, suppliers and the leadership team to meet engineering deliverables within tight time constraints;
- Ensure compliance of the system and component designs with all vehicle/component requirements, quality objectives, program milestones, performance, cost, weight & safety;
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to transition concepts and designs to production.
- Automotive background with hands on experience in Chassis part
- Good knowledge about Brake, Axle , Steering & suspension System ( Design & testing)
- Design experience in Chassis, and Steering System parts.
- Good knowledge about Vehicle Chassis related testing requirements like crash test, vehicle weight , part life, vibration testing
- Deep knowledge about manufacturing process of Chassis parts.
- With good communication Skill
- CATIA V5 and other CAD Tools experience in understaniding automotive components and subsystem design, demonstrating technical aptitude from concept through series release.
- Self-motivated, with a desire to continuously learn and improve oneself, as well afs those around them.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with latest dimensional and tolerancing best practices.
- Good oral and written English language skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to effectively represent information and respond to questions in a meeting environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or AutomobileEngineering