For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Do you enjoy technology? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of good ideas to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATG is hiring highly skilled engineers who have great attention to detail, are experts solving problems, have a deep passion for cars, and will maintain a calm professional attitude under all situations. Travel to various locations will be required.
What You’ll Do
- Work with safety engineers, regulatory specialists, and designers to rapidly innovate in the transportation space
- Analyze new vehicle occupancy and cargo concepts working with various engineering disciplines to determine legality and feasibility
- Develop digital (RAMSIS or similar) safety and comfort models that quickly inform vehicle layout, seating and closure strategies
- Develop physical models and mockups that inform vehicle layouts, seating and closure decisions
- Create and conduct ergonomic studies for ingress/egress, comfort, occupant rider experience, and platform benchmarking
- Identify vehicle package targets and develop alternative solutions balancing trade-offs (comfort, function, weight, cost, manufacturing feasibility, etc.)
- Benchmark and catalogue current market vehicles for safety, ergonomics and occupant transportation
- Formulate and analyze strategies around transportation occupancy
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience at an OEM design studio or Tier 1 supplier design team
- Minimum 5 years experience in vehicle level occupant package
- Deep knowledge of automotive development processes, along with the complex criteria involved
- Extensive vehicle systems, attributes, and functional hardware knowledge
- Recent hands on CATIA V5 assembly and mechanical design experience
- High levels of proficiency in digital ergonomic modeling solutions like RAMSIS
- Experience creating vehicle mockups and conducting studies therein
- Outstanding communication skills
- Passion for best in class human experience
- Proven ability to bring concept solutions into volume production