- Experience Level (Years) 5-15
- Injection molding / Progressive die stamping / Die casting / Powdered metal / Fine blanking processes.
- Thorough understanding of Gages and Fixtures.
- General assembly processes including DFM/DFA and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- General understanding of error proofing (Poka/Yoke) in the assembly process.
- Ability to provide input and guidance to the manufacturing team on the assembly process.
Key Words :
- automtoive Latches, Hinges, Spring Calculations, recliners, seat actuators, HVAC Damper door actuators
- Free body diagram development.
- Force and Torque calculations of complex mechanical systems, including efficiencies and losses.
- Gear ratio calculations.
- Spring calculations for all types of springs.
- Screw calculations including run-down and strip-out torque analysis.
- Electric motor performance curve analysis and calculations.
- Ability to direct and interpret FEA analysis.
- Ability to direct and interpret ADAMS kinematic analysis.
- Ability to direct and interpret MOLDFLOW analysis.
- 10-15+ years of overall mechanicalengineeringexperiencerequired.
- 5-10+ years of mechanisms experience is required:
- Latches / Hinges / Handles / Seat mechanisms (seat track, retractors etc).
- Manual Sunroof assemblies.
- Other mechanisms.
- 5+ years of electro-mechanicalexperience is highly preferred:
- Powered closure systems (Power strut / Power Liftgate / Power sliding door etc).
- Powered seat actuators or recliners.
- Powered HVAC damper door actuators.
- Window regulators.
- Powered Sunroof assemblies.
- Other electro-mechanical power actuators.