As the Automotive Industry Manager, you will deploy your knowledge of the industry to shape and execute the company strategy to increase the adoption of MATLAB, Simulink, data analytics, and Model-Based Design workflows at vehicle OEMs, tier-1/2 suppliers, and technology companies for research, advanced engineering, and product development. You will collaborate with sales, marketing, engineering, and other teams on the market development strategy, marketing message, supporting content, and marketing plan, as well as help define the long-term technology roadmap. Through these efforts you will shape how companies building automotive and mobility technologies perceive MathWorks and be the champion for these customers internally, to ensure MathWorks R&D plans are aligned with the latest market trends.
1.) Deploy your knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink to cultivate strategic accounts and grow MathWorks business
- Understand customer workflows in detail, identify gaps and fill those gaps that can be addressed by MathWorks products.
- Identify strategic projects and secure deep engagements with MathWorks technical experts, to establish organizational adoption of MathWorks products.
- Build and nurture relationships with senior engineering managers in key accounts, create a common vision for adoption of MathWorks technology in support of their business goals.
- Perform industry benchmark analysis to identify growth areas/groups/opportunities and develop adoption and engagement strategies
- Distill key lessons learned into a set of best practices and sales enablement tools for others, to support increasing sales worldwide
- Identify and work with critical 3rd party industry partners who provide complimentary tools to complete the customer workflow
2.) Promote and champion MATLAB/Simulink and Model-Based Design within the automotive engineering community
- Cultivate and enlist influencers in industry and academia to advocate for the benefits of MathWorks products and workflows
- Engage with industry and regulatory bodies to help them understand the role of MathWorks products in supporting compliance with standards
- Deliver presentations and papers at conferences, serve as the MathWorks spokesperson for the automotive industry by interacting with analysts, editors and journalists, and drive marketing programs and supporting materials for web and other promotion tactics.
3.) Develop and execute market segment strategy and business plan
- Identify new market opportunities, build plans to increase penetration, and report progress to internal “board of advisors”
- Advocate on behalf of customers to influence the future direction of MathWorks’ products
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- 12+ years of industry experience.
- Experience with Model-Based Design workflows with Simulink or equivalent software.
- Experience with embedded software engineering and simulation.
- Work experience with a leading corporation in the automotive industry.
- Prior experience in working with sales and driving technical engagements with customers.
- Motivation to work in a customer-facing or sales-facing role.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Additional experiences important to the position:
- Product marketing or business development experience with a global software company.
- Working experience at a start-up as well as an established OEM or Tier-1 supplier.
- Knowledge in or experience with developing digital services based on data science.