Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
We are looking for passionate and talented engineers to join Qualcomm automotive graphics Software team. As a key member of our team, you will perform graphics driver and feature development across Qualcomm's automotive chipsets. This role will involve working at all layers of the graphics software stack on different platforms and OS, including QNX, Greenhill Integrity, Linux, Android, and Hypervisor environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop graphics drivers compliant with functional safety requirements.
- Develop graphics driver on the virtualization environment.
- Work with Automotive OEM and Qualcomm customer engineering team to triage and debug customer issues.
- Design and develop new automotive graphics features, support for new hardware pre/post-silicon development, debugging software issues, optimizing software for performance and power, developing unit tests, and working with automotive OEMs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- 2+ years relevant GPU experience (either external or internal to Qualcomm)
- Experience with GPU optimization, advanced rendering, latency optimizations, and the ability to identify and isolate performance issues in graphics applications.
- Industry experience in graphics user or kernel driver development in the fields of automotive.
- Experience with writing vertex and fragment shaders using shading languages such as GLSL is a plus.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following operating systems is preferred: Android, QNX, embedded Linux, Genivi, Integrity.
- Knowledge of Graphics frameworks: Kanzi, QT, is a plus
- Fluent in industry-standard software tools: SW/HW debuggers, code revision control systems (GIT, Perforce), IDEs, and build tools.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), working with teams across multiple time zones.
- Experience in the ISO26262 development process
- Passion for excellence in programming and exceeding goals.