Intertek is a leading quality solutions provider to industries worldwide. From auditing and inspection, to testing, training, advisory, quality assurance and certification, Intertek adds value for its customers by helping improve the quality and safety of their products, assets and processes. With a network of more than 1, laboratories and offices and over 36, people in more than 100 countries, Intertek supports companies’ success in the global marketplace, by helping customers to meet end users’ expectations for safety, sustainability, performance, integrity and desirability in virtually any market worldwide.
Intertek's TransportationTechnologies business serves a number of consumer and commercial manufacturing industries, including: automotive, electric vehicles, rail, aerospace, marine and construction. Our global network of testing laboratories provides diverse, rapid testing and validation services to the transportation market, which includes everything from traditional cars and light duty trucks, commercial vehicles, airplanes, military ground transport vehicles, trains, marine vessels, motorcycles, lawn equipment, and more. We evaluate to industry standards and international regulations, and deliver top-tier testing for new and emerging markets such as electric/hybrid vehicles, charging components, automotive telematics, and aftermarket components.
The opportunity has arisen for an EMC/EMI Test Engineer to join this global organization which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions as essential and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving our business objectives.
This position will report to the EMC Department Manager and is responsible for independently performing testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian and otherInternational EMC/EMI standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients.The position will involve:
- Independently conduct on and off site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s).
- To do this, Project Engineer must:
- Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT
- (equipment under test);
- Read and understand schematics and manufacturing instructions;
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability;
- Under scope of the project, identify and locate test instruments and equipment required for
- Follow established test plan;
- Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on EUT as needed;
- Perform testing of products in accordance with standards.
- Mentor less senior technical personnel.
- Supply information for quotes such as length of project, site needed, rental equipment, samples, and standards
- that will be used.
- Provide more specialized "expertise" in one product category, i.e., become reviewer, resident expert, or obtain and maintain advanced product knowledge.
- Develop and set up test plans.
- Perform in-stu jobs as necessary.
- Set up and operate standard test equipment including, but not limited to: spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope,
- multi-meter, signal generators, amplifiers, surge generator etc. Basic use of hand tools as needed.
- Follow sample handling procedures, ensuring that sample is logged in and out of the system. Move equipment as needed through the facility. Properly package sample for shipment.
- Provide salessupport such as attending client visits.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing. Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Perform other work as required.
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Relevant Technical Field or Associates Degree in
- Engineering or Relevant Technical Field and EMC industry experience
- 2-4 years directly related experience; Prefer experience with Automotive Industry Standards, i.e. SAE, IEC &
- OEM requirements; US, Canadian, and International Product Standards, i.e. UL, EN and IEC – with emphasis on ITE, Medical and Industrial. Military and Commercial ( MIL-STD-461 & DO 160), prefer prior project management experience
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. Intertek offers a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program(EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.