TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, circuit design, PCB layout, firmware/software development, laboratory testing, product specifications, and testing requirements. Typical fields of expertise include: semiconductors physics, sensors, electronics, optics, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Work with customers (internal / external) to determine requirements of new products, develop and analyze concepts, produce prototypes, and conduct testing.
- Develop new design solutions with analog and digitalcircuits. Design solutions are to meet strict reliability requirements for automotive industry. Route and layout circuit boards to IPC standards. Validate and release design through document control process.
- Program in a variety of languages for PCs, and embedded microcontrollers (C, C++, C#, VB, Python).
- Effectively communicate (oral and written) with department managers, engineering, production, customers, vendors, and other departments. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Office, PowerPoint).
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects that run simultaneously. Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment and effectively communicate with Department Mangers, Engineering, Production and other departments.
- Analyze and characterize new circuits using electronic laboratory equipment. Determine root cause of any failures of complex electrical systems by troubleshooting to the component level.
- Work closely with the new product launch teams and the final manufacturing location to ensure smooth launch, design for manufacturing, and transition of products into the production facility.
- Interface with suppliers on electrical components and subassemblies to meet price, performance and time constraints.
- Periodic travel is required depending on project needs.
Education & Experience:
- RequiredBachelor of Science in Physics, or Electrical Engineering with a minimum 5 years of experience with new product design and development
- Preferred Master or Ph.D. in in Physics, Electrical Engineering with a minimum 3 years of experience