Automotive Body Component Engineer
Posted on 10/11/17 by Cynet EngineeringTeam
Auburn Hills, MI
Less than 5 years experience
Posted on 10/11/17 Cynet EngineeringTeam
Job Title: Automotive Body Component Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Min 2 year of exp
- This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and production release of Body components.
- Otherresponsibilities will include quality improvements, weight reduction, cost reduction, and efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering.
- Knowledgeable in use of Unigraphics NX and Team Center with minimum of 0-2 years of experience in NX in a production release environment is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced level of design/development engineeringexperience in Body-Body in White, Closures, or Exterior Systems.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- BIW in-plant launch experiencepreferred.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred.
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt preferred.
- Knowledgeable in regards to high strength steels, weld parameters and GD&T.
- Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally (Canada and Mexico) 20%