At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Are you a motivated individual who can provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to a
focused work group in driving execution of testing frameworks across various projects? Freddie Mac has an exciting opportunity for an Automation Testing Senior to lead quality assurance! As a senior member of the IT Team, you would independently be responsible for the testing solution and delivery of a project and also be able to lead multiple testing projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The individual would champion quality assurance that improves Test delivery processes and be a role model and mentor to the junior and mid level testers, working alongside of highly collaborative, open minded, technology savvy members!
Leadership and Communication:
- Contribute to strategic decisions in applying test automation
- Provides proactive mentorship, comprehensive documentation and continual assessment of automation delivery across projects
- Establish, lead, and report on key quality metrics.
- Effectively represent Testing Services to IT Organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills
- Translate broad strategies into specific action plans, utilizing existing resources and information to achieve strategic objectives and improve business results.
- Lead technical transformation within the team moving from a manual testing approach to automation
- Work closely with test teams, developers, business and vendor partners to drive and promote technical design in all our engineering processes
- Assist IT teams to measure and increase the test automation value to the customer
- Drive the team to become more adaptable in quality assurance through test automation, and Continuous Testing practices
- Solid grasp and experience with automation concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Experience in leading or running test automation delivery and/or Practice
- Experience building automation frameworks
- Validated knowledge of industry standard automation test tools like Selenium, Protractor, etc.,
- Experience with Cucumber (Gherkin) for BDD/collaboration and test automation purposes
- Experience in Testing Microservices/API which includes Contract Testing, Mocking, integration between services, Functional Testing, etc.,
- Expertise in working with DevOps implementation and good knowledge of CI tool Jenkins
- Experience with successful Agile/SCRUM team delivering test automation
- Strong desire to learn new concepts and build to tools to infuse quality and enable faster delivery.
- Experience in using either Cloud provider or Container for test execution purposes
- Knowledge in developing synthetic test data harness and experience in designing test data approach
- BS in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience from which knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- 5 to 7 year(s) of experience using Test Management, Defect Tracking, Requirements Management, and Modeling tools, including automated testing tools framework experience.
- Knowledge in AWS
- Knowledge in Mobile Testing
- Working in SAFe - Scaled Agile Framework environment
- Knowledge of JIRA Issue and defect management
- Basic knowledge in Performance Testing and usage of tools like JMeter
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Good technical back ground
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the teams.
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and technologies to perform better.
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.