Collections Automation Tester
Credit Acceptance offers team members:
- The opportunity to work with progressive tools, and technology including the latest database, development, storage, and computer technologies available
- Extensive growth opportunities as demonstrated by our track record of promoting internally
- An atmosphere that is collaborative, challenging, and filled with forward thinking team members
- Ongoing business training and career development opportunities
- Strong work-life balance with generous PTO beginning on day 1
- Competitive market-based salary with quarterly profit sharing and annual merit bonuses
- Excellent benefits package that includes 401(K) match, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical/dental/vision along with additional benefits that make us a great place to work
We are hiring a Collections Automation Tester within our Servicing department.
- Optimize, manage and evolve our Collections technologies
- Proactively improve systems through idea generation and relationship management
- Assist in planning and strategizing the optimized architecture of our Collections technologies’ environments
- Create, test and deliver a quality product
- Automate testing where possible to deliver quality releases
- Liaise with internal and external teams when implementing and integrating new technologies
Responsibilities in your area will include:
1. COLLECT: Ensure clear information is collected for assignments.
2. FILTER: Accurately categorize work to ensure it is directed appropriately.
3. PRIORITIZE: Support prioritization processes led by the Project Management Office (PMO) or App Owner. Provide input.
4. PLAN: Engage in planning processes led by the PMO or App Owner. Provide effective estimates, manage workload, and keep leader aware of capacity to support new or existing work.
- Organize and lead the formation of the automated testing discipline within the Collections organization
- Effectively understand requirements from customers and work with the internal team to design solution to meet their requirements.
- Efficiently write scripts to test and deliver a quality product.
- Perform manual tests when required
- Perform assigned recurring tasks in a timely manner in order to maintain application health.
- Identify opportunities to reduce recurring work where practical (and/or improve performance, reduce risk, etc).
- Perform requirements/solution design for initiatives involving multiple applications
- Remove roadblocks and escalate where appropriate.
- Communicate clearly with team members, customers and leaders.
- Define/maintain best practices for using performance/monitoring tools
- Create and execute automation scripts using a variety of tools/languages
- Plan, write and execute load tests using a variety of tools/languages
- Categorize test results into IT metrics and usable summary reports
- Assist project team in the troubleshooting of testing issues
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department
- Possesses good understanding of the technical platforms (databases, web applications)
- Minimum 1 yearexperiencesupporting a web application as a business/quality analyst
- Minimum 1yearexperience creating automated tests
- Strong understanding of web technology required
- Experience with SDLC required
- Basic understanding of Client-Server technologies required
- Ability to query database (SQL) required
- Testing certifications preferred
- Experience writing unit tests or BDD tests preferred
- Experience with web services (SOAP or REST) preferred
- Knowledge of testing tools like HP Quality Center, Selenium, Bugzilla, Cucumber, Robot, or AutoIT preferred
- Experience with Caché and/or Artiva nice-to-have
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation 24x7x365
Knowledge and Skills:
- Respond promptly and effectively to problems, projects and tasks.
- Organized, with ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests.
- Gain trust of others and builds solid relationships across and vertically throughout the organization and relate well to all customers.
- Convey complex information in a timely and easily understood manner throughout all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate initiative by being proactive in work duties and making recommendations as opportunities arise.
- Self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Customer focused, always having the customer and company’s best interest in mind.