Automation Test Lead
this is an exempt position
ADM uses Tricentis Tosca to support his automated testing capabilities on multiple areas/project per year.
The role of Automation Test Lead is accountable for providing Tricentis Tosca Testing services focusing on any projects leveraging Tosca services. This role will also build on and improve the established automated testing process and the interactions with the rest of the Testing Services process. A successful candidate will provide Testing Services expertise related to Tosca and automation capabilities. This role will also be required to provide guidance and training to other Test analysts/testers in the team. This position is located in Erlanger, KY.
- Work closely with Test Leads, Project Manager(s) and/or Solution Manager(s) to understand and document the testing requirements
- Daily coordination and follow up with Partner’s onshore and offshore team members on their assigned tasks
- Calculate high level testing resource estimate based on project size, complexity and duration
- Analyze testability of project requirements
- Complete automation test strategy and provide feedback for overall Testing Strategy
- Entry/Exit criteria
- Kick off meeting
- Test case creation automated/manual
- Plan regression testing
- Plan stress/load testing
- Test environment plan
- Test data plan
- Test communication plan
- Test Resource plan
- Test case execution
- Business participation and sign off
- Defect process
- Test and defect reporting
- Produce other test Deliverables such as, Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Metrics reports
- Maintain a hands-on involvement in test execution, test automation and risk coverage analysis
- Monitor and report on schedule adherence
- Monitor and report on test case creation
- Monitor and report on test data creation
- Monitor and report on test case execution
- Make adjustments to the Resource Plan as required
- Prepare POC on the feasibility of new applications being automated
- Schedule and run or monitor the defect meeting
- Timely reporting of project status to project Management
- Assess quality and test process maturity level and assist in defining strategy to implement best practices.
- Monitor Communications are as per the plan
- Report any concerns on testing preparation, quality, or timelines to Test and Project Management
- Complete post project defect analysis for possible improvements
- Resolve issues with Solution Managers and Project Managers
- Resolve issues with the testing team
- Resolve issues with Testability of Requirements, User Stories, or other documentation
- Responsible for creative solution to testing challenges while still assuring proper testing
- Work with IT and/or Business Leads to find Resources needed to successfully complete automated testing
- Work on Negotiations of Partner agreements
- Define guidelines for testability of requirements or other documentation
- Lead review sessions of best practices for automated testing and implement results
- Work with Business Leaders on moving forward testing initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Finance, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in software quality assurance and testing.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience in automation testing using Tricentis Tosca test automation tool
- Must have 3 years of experience as a Test Lead or similar software testing Lead position.
- Experience with creating cross platform manual and automated test plans and test cases
- Experience in business requirements analysis and test case design using Test Case management tools: Azure DevOps, ALM, TFS, JIRA plug-ins, etc.
- Ability to lead multiple automation projects simultaneously
- A self-motivated team player with good communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems
- Management skills (ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues list, and execute to Test plan).
- A passion for software product quality
- Experience with QA processes, test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests
- Demonstrates the ability to translate technical information into terminology understood at all levels of users, both verbally and in writing.
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team-oriented.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
- 3 years of test experience on working with Agile methodology
- Test experience in SAP S/4 Hana environment
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous testing
- Experience with Load/Performance testing
- Technical understanding of cloud applications, web services, server-side components and APIs
- Experience with software development methodologies/processes such as (but not limited to): Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and Shift-Left-approach to make testing more efficient and can adjust to a hybrid form of methodology
- Experience on mobility testing and exposure to cloud mobile solutions