The Bureau of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is the frontline border security component of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) charged with the priority mission of preventing terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States while also facilitating the flow of legitimate trade and travel. CBP’s mission is vitally important to the protection of the American people and the national economy.
Within CBP, CSC works with the Office of Finance (OF) to manage and maintain the financial processes. Those processes include budgeting, accounting, procurement, and asset/property (real and personal) that enable CBP to accomplish its mission. In support of these business processes, CSC supports the planning, design, configuration/development, testing, implementation, end user training and support, integration and interface development, and program management of CBP’s financial and associated systems.
Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a public trust.
Principle duties and essential functions:
- Coordinate with test sites and other team participants to plan test events.
- Create and maintain automated regression test suites for functional testing of company software products.
- Map test cases to Requirements Traceability matrix and ensure test case validation points confirm the business requirements.
- Create Automation test plans and test scripts from project requirements.
- Develop test reports and log bugs in defect management software. e.g JIRA
- Experience developing and utilizing standardized test procedures.
- Coordinates multiple test stakeholders across the organization including business, IT, Office of Trade, Office of Field Operations, and Land Systems Operational Test Authority (LSOTA).
- 5+ years of experience with Automation & functional testing.
- 5+ years of hands on Experience with HP UFT, Selenium Web driver, VB and Java Scripting.
- 2+ years of experience with creating test scripts, test plans, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle. Well versed in SDLC including Waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with web application testing and web-based API testing.
- Strong experience with Selenium, including ability to write automation code in Java.
- Good understanding of Java application architecture and basic principles using Selenium.
- Ability to write and maintain technical documents.
- Experience with CBP\DHS (preferred).
- BA or BS degree required- Strong documentation and communication skills.
Secondary skills (nice to have)
- Experience with COTS and / or ERP solutions.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to effectively analyze & resolve issues.