What You’ll Be Doing
- Design test strategies, specifications and test plans through user stories
- Use bug tracking tools to report bugs (JIRA if possible)
- Analyses test results and report them to SCRUM roles
- Raise an alert when an important issue is likely to put in jeopardy the whole project
- Work closely with Quality Assurance roles and other departments to ensure quality products with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile delivery schedule.
- Design test cases and test scenarios to ensure both new and previous features
- Execute test cases to ensure business scenario
- Be hands on in writing, executing and monitoring automated tests
- Build tools to support development and business functions
- Participate in new project development in order to facilitate automation in conjunction with development
- Provide oversight and be responsible for ensuring that defined automation standards are followed by all members of the team
- Assist the Test Manager in creation and preparation of test projects and personnel assessment
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Strong Software Testers mindset, good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Must be able to finish tasks with minimum supervision
- Communication skills, both written and spoken in English
Are You Qualified?
- Educated to degree level from a numerate discipline (preferably Computer Science)
- At least 3+ years of experience working full time as a Test engineer on Big Data or BI projects.
- Experience with SQL and Non-SQL database
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Kownledge in Python and Shell scripting.
- Highly experienced with test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation
- Testing and Defect management tools
- Passion and commitment to quality
Nice to have:
- Testing certificates
- Knowledge of Scala
- Experience working with Kafka
- Experience working with ETL tools (Talend, Kettle...)
- Experience with Hortonworks Hadoopdistribution
- Experience working with BI visualization tools - Microstrategy
- High communication skills
- Team player
- Intellectual curiosity
- Analytical skills
- Out of the box thinking