SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Functions independently to carry out various methods of testing including manual, batch and automated, to test application/infrastructure changes and correlate them to the business solution; or to support test environments. Tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Use current process and tools in the creation of test plans and test cases. Documents and works to resolve problems. Reports progress on problem resolution to management. Recommends improvements to current procedures. Understanding of software verification and validation methodology and how it fits into the Software Delivery Lifecycle.
- Ability to function independently to: create test plans, test cases, and complex test data along with execution, documentation and follow up on results; and/or support validation and verification environments. Take on cross-functional assignments and multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to lead and coordinate verification and validation efforts on large project efforts and special assignments as needed; Ability to analyze, assess, document and resolve cross functional issues and work
- Expanded ability and knowledge to use of tools and technology. Good understanding of the technical details of the application/infrastructure they use/support and the correlation of the application/infrastructure to the business solution. Basic ability to design, create and/or execute automated scripts using Selenium, C# and NUnit.
- Identify and lead smaller scope, team specific, process and productivity improvements.
- Working knowledge of how their work impacts the financial goals of the organization; Understand the basics forecasting and funding process; Understand and be accountable for funded hours on their piece of a project or task; Proactively explain variances; Contribute to estimation process by providing information for project re-estimates
- Mentor less experienced team member in their area of expertise; Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong time management skills, ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years relevant experience or Master’s degree in relevant discipline
- Understanding of software development methodology including agile methodologies
- Experience using Selenium framework and C# coding a must.
- MS Office skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly and solve problems
- Ability to design and implement test cases, write automated tests
- Detail oriented with the ability to work and guide others during time constraints to meet deadlines
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs
- Ability to mentor and train small teams
- Knowledge of Microsoft CRM a plus
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is the leading provider of integrated pharmaceutical support services that optimize global product safety, brand loyalty and patient access on behalf of our manufacturer clients.
Job Id: REQ20010138