Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have here at MSC. If you are inspired to learn, expand your circle, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Requisition ID : 7105
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Engineering
Work Location : Atlanta, GA or Columbus, OH or Elkhart, IN
State or Province : GA or OH or IN
Potential Work Location : Atlanta, GA or Columbus, OH, or Elkhart, IN
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direction and support from an automation standpoint to all CFC’s when system, electrical or mechanical issues occur to ensures optimal up time and eliminate or minimize any disruptions to customer service.
- Support and assist development on all capital expenditure projects relating to electrical, mechanical and design.
- Provides site management support and leadership to project managers and facility maintenance on automation capital projects.
- Works cross-functionally to identify and implement logistics automation and electrical/mechanical improvements at all CFC’s to ensure most effective and efficient automation processes.
- Conducts quarterly “preventive maintenance” audits at all CFC’s on their respective automation systems and develop key measures for local facility maintenance managers to follow and monitor performance against these measures.
- Develops and documents “Standard Cost Data” for use in automation cost analysis.
- Support and perform cost studies to evaluate financial feasibility of potential projects.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
Automation, controls and conveyer, mostly electrical experience, sorting machines. robotics background. Asses current production needs make recommendations. Can be either Columbus, OH or Atlanta, GA prefer Atlanta, GA, Travel required about 75% throughout the US to our CFC locations.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or an extensive job experience equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 10 years mechanical and electrical installation experience with conveyor systems in a distribution environment is required.
- Multiple past experiences in multi-million dollar material handling projects with successful full cycle site management experience.
- Past experience in preventative maintenance programs for material handling systems and equipment is required.
- Experience in developing and justifying capital budgets for logistics networks from an installation standpoint.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Project.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management of multi-million dollar capital projects
- Ability to comprehend and interpret AutoCAD drawings is required.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel 75% of the time is required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.