Job Role Summary
The Automation Specialist, as part of the Operations and Testing group, has overall responsibility to provide automation services in support of lubricant product performance testing. The Automation Specialist will be located in Paulsboro, NJ and may require a relocation to Clinton, NJ.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Provide automation support for the performance testing of lubricant and fuel products in vehicle, engine and industrial test equipment.
- Develop and maintain various instrumentation and automation systems in support of engine/vehicle/industrial lubricant performance testing under the direction of test and automation engineers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot various automated, integrated, PC-based test stand systems by working in co-operation with test engineers and trades.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for the secure transmission of over-the-road vehicle data using wireless technology.
- Specify and implement communication and diagnostic software for communications with engine and vehicle Engine Control Units for various engine/vehicle platforms.
- Provide support for the development and maintenance of test report generation systems and data analysis tools.
- Ensure compliance with quality systems and data integrity requirements.
Expected Level of Proficiency
- B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineeringpreferred.
- Minimum of 15years of relevant work experience in the field of automation.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to coordinate multiple projects independently and simultaneously direct / coordinate work of supporting staff.
- Good communication (written and oral) and networking skills, assertive, team player with general interest attitude.
- Quick learner with logical reasoning and interest in tackling engineering challenges.
- Strong focus toward safety and environmental compliance.
- Knowledge and experience with OEM specific and industry standard engine/vehicle CAN communication and diagnostic software.
- Knowledge and experience managing control and data acquisition systems within a Local Area Networked environment.
- A good understanding of basic petroleum technology and on-the-job experience supporting PC-based systems is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux operating systems and knowledge of at least one programming/scripting platform
- Knowledge of configuration and use of small single board computers, such as the Rasberry Pi or similar devices
- Experience developing Information Technologyrisk assessments and implementing control system security.