UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced manufacturing engineer based out of our North American manufacturing facilities.
The ideal candidate will have experience identifying, developing & implementing state-of-art automation / robotic technologies for the purpose of product and business enhancement. He/she will be a key member of a core Advanced Engineering team who will work closely with product design, manufacturing engineering, production, corporate R&D, the United Technologies Research Center, and equipment suppliers to deliver new equipment to the production floor.
- Design, planning and execution of automation / robotics for heat exchanger & sheet metal fabrication, material handling and assembly processes within the CCS business
- Work with local plant engineering, manufacturing, and management to evaluate automation / robotic project needs and develop project scopes for Carrier’s North American facilities
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing operations at CCS plants
- Ensure constant EH&S compliancy
- Lead implementation, installation teams, including riggers, electricians, etc. to safe completion of projects on time and within budget
- Ensure quality process implementation through the use of analytical process capability tools (DOEs, ProCert and ACE)
- Evaluate process and equipment capabilities and capacities
- Perform cost analysis to track and report on budget
- Equipment bidding and contractor selection
- The ideal candidate is an Electrical Engineer that has Manufacturing Engineering/Project Management experience in large, high-volume manufacturing facility
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment controls required, automation / robotics experiencedesired
- Familiarity with production systems and related machinery and processes common to HVAC&R products is desired
- Must have experience managing multiple projects and working on and/or leading multi-disciplined teams or work groups
- Must have project management experience to include planning, budgeting, supplier negotiations, equipment layout and implementation, and communicating with internal customers
- Must be able to work with minimal direct guidance or direction from others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong computer skills required, including AutoCAD, MS Excel, and MS Project
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships with production employees, peers, and manufacturing management
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of BS degree in an engineering discipline or applicable equivalent from an accredited university with a minimum of six years engineering and/or management experience in a manufacturing setting
- BA/BS degree with 6–10+ years’ experience
- MA/MSdegree with 4–7+ years’ experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.