The Manufacturing Engineerperforms a variety of engineering tasks to develop, test, implement, and document manufacturing processes and methods, specifically relating to automation. This is done both on the production floor and in an office setting, and completed in accordance with product specifications, customer requirements, and quality standards while also ensuring compliance to all required governmental laws and safety standards.
· Examines the manufacturing process for cost reducing automation opportunities and leads the implementation.
· Responsible for existing factory automation, including software, controls, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
· Develops, tests, implements and documents a variety of routine to moderately complex operational sequences and processes in the manufacture of new and existing parts and/or products.
· Estimates manufacturing costs, process time and manpower requirements as it relates to applied automation. Consolidates, documents and presents results for review.
· Troubleshoots a variety of routine to moderately complex production problems involving continuous manufacturing processes. Investigates and determines the root cause of failures and problems. Recommends countermeasures or changes in processing methods.
· Conducts routine to moderately complex engineeringtrials and production process evaluations for manufacturing operations. Analyzes production data and identifies trends, problems, and opportunities for improvement. Recommends process adjustments to improve product quality and manufacturing efficiency and reduce material and manpower costs.
· Creates, writes, and modifies work instructions.
· Prepares training materials and trains key production employees and production supervisors on new work procedures and manufacturing processes.
· Reviews and dispositions discrepant material.
· Supports the Strategies and Objectives of the organization and adheres to all company policies.
· Performs other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor's degree in engineering with a specialty in Automation/Robotics.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience may be used to satisfy the requisite qualifications of the job.
· Working knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology to the production of various products.
· Working knowledge of automated production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
· Very good analytical, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills. Strong math skills. Intermediate skills in Excel and other application software used in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models