As an American Express Representative, our company is part of a select group of travel organizations committed to providing a wide range of business and leisure travel services. The Travel Team is a subsidiary of Rich Products.
Provides guidance and leadership to company managers on all technical issues. You will need to be able to manage and apply software, firmware, and hardware solutions that work in an advantageous manner for the company while ensuring technical and network security. Additionally, you will be able to troubleshoot technical emergencies in an immediate fashion.
- Under general direction of VP of Technology with minimal oversight, delineates requirements to solve complex business problems using differing technologies and systems views across multiple functional domains (within The Travel Team Inc., our customers and our vendors) on high profile and/or mission critical efforts and projects.
- Ability to work with VP of Technology and plan strategically for current and future business environments, including future technology and business design changes to create flexible solutions. Creates process engineering and/or business flow assessments to ensure appropriate reengineering of solutions.
- Assist with he development complex service models and prototypes, creates and implements internal and external customer feedback mechanisms.
- Assists with the creation of Business Plans/supports (including business cases) to assure plans meet company goals and integrates these with technical programs and project plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, to serve as lead conduit between external and internal customers.
- Provides functional/technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Hands on development experience in conversion of legacy systems and support of current environment.
- May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues. Advanced knowledge of systems flows, engineering documentation, tools and architecture concepts required.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS or related field preferred
- 3 + years’ experience in a compliance driven software development environment, preferably around cloud integrated solutions (e.g. - .NET, C#, Java, Java Script, SQL, SOC , PCI )
- Experience with Web Development and Web Services, API, REST, SOAP
- Results-oriented, organized, analytical, detail-oriented and self-directed team player with a positive attitude
- Knowledge and comfort in troubleshooting software/hardware/network issues.
- Advanced English
- Travel industry knowledge
- Third Party Vendor Management
Nice To Have
- Travel Industry Technology Exposure – Concur, Sabre, Concur Complete (GDSX)
- Working knowledge of a minimum of one of the major Reservation Systems (Apollo, Sabre, Worldspan, Amadeus)
- Understand formats and GDS commands, as well as the difference between air, car and hotel functionality in the GDS
- Call Center Experience