WSP is currently seeking a Automation Specialist to join our Manufacturing Group, located at our 4502 Hanna Drive, Elizabethtown, Brockville office. Reporting to the Manufacturing Practice Lead this position will be responsible for to provide automation and programming capabilities to the Brockville Manufacturing team. The Industrial (Manufacturing) group services industrial clients in the manufacturing industry and provides service to institutional and government clients. You will apply your automation knowledge on project work from conceptual design through completion. Technical quality, cost effectiveness, building and maintaining client relationships, and providing guidance to a team of designers are integral parts of this role. Require experienced person to work independently, from conceptual studies to final commissioning. Must be able to organize workload and direct others to meet agreed schedules.
- Participate in the design of Automation projects;
- Collect technical information from the customer;
- Analyze inputs and develop optimal solutions in relation to customer needs;
- Prepare the lists of components required for project implementation;
- Program human-machine interfaces and industrial controllers;
- Test and correct programs designed;
- Collaborate in the commissioning of control systems and act as a resource person when required;
- Provide technical support during commissioning and after project start up;
- Ability to work with a minimum of instructions and complete tasks independently;
- Coordination with various departments and disciplines required for project implementation;
- Preparation of engineering reports;
- Must be able to attend industrial sites and observe all applicable safety regulations;
- Must possess a valid driver's license;
- Ability to work and complete tasks independently, make decisions and take responsibility on technical matters;
- Must possess a team player attitude and be able to work in project team environment.
- Education requirements; Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Instrumentation and Control from an accredited institution;
- Mastery of Rockwell Automation, Schneider, Wonderware and Siemens technologies a major asset;
- Required years of experience; 6-9 years of working on industrial projects;
- Soft skills; able to interact, as part of a team, with all types of clients and teammates; proactive and able to manage time well; able to build relationships;
- Technical skills; Good knowledge of Ethernet networks, fibre optics and experience in one or more of the following industries: food and beverage, chemical, steel, cement, oil and gas, a working knowledge of CSA standards, ANSI standards, IEEE standards, Ontario Building Code, and other applicable codes;
- Communication skills. Be fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs.
- Bilingual is an asset