The position maintains and modifies control systems for our pharmaceutical production facility. The production equipment in the plant includes critical systems, filling, inspection and packaging. The position also involves electro-mechanicaltroubleshooting backup/ recovery of all systems. Provides guidance and participates in preventive and predictive maintenance of the electrical and control systems.
- Assist maintenance personnel with troubleshootingelectrical control circuits, motor control and safety control circuits Electrical/Controls Engineer Responsibilities.
- Program Control System and troubleshoot and program PLC’s.
- Support projects occasionally on weekends and outside shift hours.
- Maintain documentation and records for the process control and computer systems.
- Interface with other departments. Collaborate and work with outside vendors, contractors, production and engineering. Assist the maintenance team in process improvements as part of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Troubleshooting personal computer, operating systems (including legacy OS), lifecycle version control, networking, MS office suite, hardware repair and disaster recoveries.
- Develop and implement project-specific industrial control systems; starting with proposal, specifications, and drawings.
- Coordinate with other Engineering resources on mechanical implementation of control systems.
- Develop, document and maintain accurate Electrical Schematics, Technical Manuals and SOP’s.
- Review standards and compliance requirements applicable to the electrical control systems, provide recommendations as required
- Use PLC programming knowledge to design and repair electrical control systems.
- Evaluate and analyze control processes to identify opportunities to increase value for the plant.
- Serve as lead in developing and implementing strategies for targeted equipment improvements, utilizing new and existing automation and control technologies for both short and long-term solutions
- Ensure plant equipment control systems are operating effectively and in compliance with safety regulations.
- BS Electrical Engineer or related Bachelors Engineering degree, or Associates Engineering degree with equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of PLC and HMI design and programming for industrial equipment for machine control using Rockwell and Siemens families.
- 5 years of experience working directly with the design, installation, and support of electrical and control systems.
- Experience in design and development of electrical and software systems. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, programming, troubleshooting and diagnosis of the designed control systems.
- Up to 3 years of experience in computers, electronics and PLC’s with a full understanding of interface between field instrumentation, PLC’s and computers.
- Knowledge of motor controls up to 3 phase 460 volt. Must have Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to meet timelines and specifications for design process projects as assigned. Ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, mathematical, verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to work both independently as well as with the team. Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Self-motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook. Knowledge and experience with servo systems.
- Experience in developing electrical schematics and AutoCAD skills is preferred.