The Automation Engineer will be responsible for Automating and Managing Enterprise Cloud Platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP and Oracle Cloud Environments, in addition to on-premises sustainment automation. Automation Engineer will work closely to design and build automated operational processes focusing on scalable cloud deployments with paradigm of infrastructure as a code. Work alongside engineers and developers to support Navy Enterprise Cloud Broker services and NAVAIR IT customers to build and support multi-cloud automated platform.
- Standardize, automate the provisioning and support aspects as reusable cloud services and interfaces
- Develop infrastructure as code on AWS / Azure / GCP using best practices and implementations for non-production and production environments
- Implement automated configuration and deployment process towards improving functionality, availability, and manageability of enterprise cloud offerings
- Ensure the availability, performance, reliability, and reporting of global cloud data centers and enterprise networks
- Improve productivity in delivery orchestration, proactive monitoring, self-healing automation and operations validations
- Solve problems related to these mission critical services and build automation to proactively detect and prevent their re-occurrences
- Support technology automation Compute, Storage, Backups and Operating system in the public cloud as well as on-premises
- Collaborate via open communication reaching across functional borders to analyze, tune, and configure automated platform infrastructure and systems
- Scripting or developing using: Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) or Azure RM Templates to build cloud services as code (IaC)
- Develop and consult on serverless technologies to meet customer IT requirements.
- Assist in correlating billing with customer utilization of cloud compute resources.
- Familiar with serverless technologies such as AWS API, Lambda, DynamoDB is a plus
- Familiar with libraries like React, Angular
- Experience designing configuration management systems using tools such as Chef, Tower, Ansible, Puppet, Salt & Jenkins
- Ability to provision, monitor, optimize and scale AWS and Azure infrastructure using API's
- Knowledge and/or experience on designing, developing, deploying, and CI/CD in a DevOps environment
- Interest in automation/configuration management using Ansible, Terraform or equivalent scripting programing language
- Interest in coding and scripting using: Python, AWS SDK and CLI
- Understanding of insights on Authentication & Authorization Services, Identity & Access Management
- Understanding of AWS Cloud Networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes and other types of Microservices and Container technologies highly preferred
- Experience with application load balancing solutions for scaling and HA
- Linux and Windows administration experience
- Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components
- General Networking knowledge required (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc.)
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies and tools as needed
- Exposure and hands on experience with Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) with strong coding capability in building environments and deploying applications.
- Experience with various Microsoft and open-source based platforms is a plus (such as IIS, MsSQL, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT or an engineering discipline
- Extensive and focused cloud automation experience
- Maintain DoD 8570 Certification (Security+) and Environment Certifications (Cloud Certification in AWS, Azure as a minimum)