Acacia Communications is an optical networking technology company that empowers cloud and content providers to connect at the speed of light enabling them to meet the rapidly increasing consumer demands for data.
Acacia Communications Inc., a leader in disruptive optical and coherent technology, is currently seeking an Automation Design Engineer to develop assembly and packaging equipment and processes for its integrated photonics components and modules.
The Automation Engineer will work closely with our integrated photonics, optical package design engineers, and operations group to deliver solutions for high-yield, high-throughput assembly processes across Acacia's product line of optoelectronic components and modules.
Previous experience with building equipment for very low cost single mode fiber optical packaging for example in 100GE CWDM4 or PON networks is highly preferred.
- Develop systems for high-efficiency single-mode coupling of optical fibers to silicon photonics devices.
- Design custom automated and semi-automated systems with significant motion control and automated material handling aspects
- Select stages, motion control, and vision systems equipment for highly efficient custom manufacturing platforms
- Design mechanical components/fixtures/grippers for high volume optoelectronic assembly
- Assist in the design and prototyping of next-generation optical packages with a focus on optimizing for ease of manufacturing
- Assist in the development of software and controls for automated manufacturing equipmentMinimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree in Engineering or related field
- Strong problem solving skills
- 5 + years of experience with motion control, positioning equipment, and vision systems, preferably with high volume optical assembly equipment manufacturer
- Proven track record developing production manufacturing equipment with significant pick-and-place capability. Experience with die bonders, wire bonders, automated probing systems, or similar is preferred.
- Capability to develop basic control systems in a development environment using LabView or similar
- SolidWorks CAD proficiency
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation, planning, organization and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of micro-electronic and/or electro-optical assembly techniques (wire-bond, fiber alignment and attach, die bonding, etc.)
- Experience with fiber optics and optical alignment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.